• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-ordering PC games

Jam_Man

Life President
Im too old and mature to play computer games, but for a moment lets imagine I wanted to buy "World in Conflict" for the PC out on the 21st.

Anyone got any recommendations for online purchases?

I used Gamespot or something for another game and it never turned up, anyone know of a decent supplier who may even deliver it pre-launch ?

Those are the two I was planning on using, well one of them.

Used to use Play for everything but their delivery times werent great and didnt want to wait 3-4 days.

Yes did play Supreme Commander for a while, liked the way it worked over dual monitors. Got bored of it after a while as it was to "tank rushy" if you know what I mean.

Total War Medieval 2 is my favourite but need a new challenge!

Played the demo of World in Conflict and extremely well produced and good looking, demo was bit too linear and scripted but dont imagine the whole game to be like that.

Go to Gameplay.co.uk. Pre-orders on most games and usually ( for small fee ) delivery on day of release.

Go to Gameplay.co.uk. Pre-orders on most games and usually ( for small fee ) delivery on day of release.

From Football Manager launches I know a number of companies will deliver the day before a release, on occassion a couple of days.

However Ive never taken the chance and just bought from a shop, and the one time I did pre-book it didnt turn up at all so cancelled the order.

Sad I know but for FM 07 I ordered it online, but forgot and then bought it on the day of release and ended up with two copies!

Dont really buy a lot of games these days but World in Conflict does look good and the online game is supposed to be really good.

Ok pre-ordered via Play, lets see if they can order pre-launch day.

Yep Im a pro-evo fan too.

The games I buy without fail are FM, Pro-evo and the Total War series.

From what Ive seen the PC games industry seems to have scaled down a bit since the success of the Xbox etc.

Ok pre-ordered via Play, lets see if they can order pre-launch day.

Yep Im a pro-evo fan too.

The games I buy without fail are FM, Pro-evo and the Total War series.

From what Ive seen the PC games industry seems to have scaled down a bit since the success of the Xbox etc.

if you worried with play mate just give them a bell mate they are very helpfull on the phone

For a bit of fun I used to dress up as one of the games main characters and queue up overnight outside estuary or computerama to make sure I got the game the second the doors open.

I put a stop to this after I was shot seven times in a driveby whilst waiting for my copy of GTA - Vice City.

if you worried with play mate just give them a bell mate they are very helpfull on the phone

Ive use Play on lots of occassions and they have always been very reliable, my only concern is they wont deliver on time but Ive heard other people say with games they often deliver early so fingers crossed.

dvd.co.uk are pretty and sometimes cheaper than play.com. Never had a non arrival and used them loads of times. Also have returned stuff and got a replacement.

I usually check on the following:

http://www.find-games.co.uk/

I have used Powerplay, HMV, Tesco Jersey, etc. No complaints from any as I recall. Some though seem to advertise as having the item in stock but when you order it takes ages to come and sometimes doesnt. If that happens you move on to someone else.

For a bit of fun I used to dress up as one of the games main characters and queue up overnight outside estuary or computerama to make sure I got the game the second the doors open.

I put a stop to this after I was shot seven times in a driveby whilst waiting for my copy of GTA - Vice City.
Yeah sorry about that, we were getting into character as welll.

Ah well, ordered fromplay.com and game not arrived.

Not released till tomorrow but was kind of hoping for an early delivery.

No I dont get out much....

Back