• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Pre-Season Friendlies 2023-24

Great Wakering Rovers primary to start with who knows maybe I’m being a bit to optimistic .

Whilst this fixture has, er, been a fixture for a number of years we may need to look elsewhere as Great Wakering are I think now down in the Essex Senior League. Not sure what state their squad is in either having been propped up with SUFC youth loanees for the latter part of their season.

I’d suggest a game at Heybridge is likely at some stage given the Maher-Tilson connection.

But after last year there may be a greater focus on pitch quality than opposition quality though so who has the best local pitches?

Let’s have a multiple meet the blues day series. Playing teams from each decade that can fill 15 player man squad. 90s would be nice. Leoooooooooooo

Has anyone heard anything, considering last season's friendlies were announced this time last year?

We'll probably find out on the day they happen....

Assuming we have any players left

Has anyone heard anything, considering last season's friendlies were announced this time last year?
At the moment we aren't even sure if we have enough players to fulfil fixtures. Another absolute mess all this is causing.

Well if this sale dosent hurry up and go through , i can see us playing friendlies against youth teams only ,because thats what we will be fielding in the southend youth league.
i take it theres still a youth league in Southend.

What the **** is "PRE-SZN"?

Didn't we play another one of these internet teams last year, the hashtag united?

Do they have real players or just memes?

#letsdothis

What the **** is "PRE-SZN"?

Didn't we play another one of these internet teams last year, the hashtag united?

Do they have real players or just memes?

#letsdothis
I think our 23s/18s have played showcase teams i.e Rising Ballers and Nike Academy beforehand. Don't think we've played any other internet teams.

Last edited:
"Thanks to @SUFCRootsHall for hosting us" Wouldn't it be at RH?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230601-114328.png
    Screenshot_20230601-114328.png
    771.1 KB · Views: 28
I have a great feeling of optimism that we will be still a club for the following season. The fact that friendlies are being arranged and that the adjournment is in middle of July points to a good scenario of the club still existing. Maybe I’m not living upto my name sake. Fingers crossed though and also any other body part that be crossed. The umbumgo on the other hand is worrying.

I have a great feeling of optimism that we will be still a club for the following season. The fact that friendlies are being arranged and that the adjournment is in middle of July points to a good scenario of the club still existing. Maybe I’m not living upto my name sake. Fingers crossed though and also any other body part that be crossed. The umbumgo on the other hand is worrying.
Never over yet, especially NL want the payments sorted by 5th of June.

Back