• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No doubt we'll be served up the same old stuff again - away at Great Wakering, possibly a trip in to deepest Canvey, a home game v the 'big boys' of Ip shi te ...... or possibly an exotic trip to see us play in Spain v Barcelona Under 10's. admittedly home to Newcastle last year was a little different to the norm, but it still didn't fully wet the appetite.

So who would you like to see us play? North Korea or Millwall away?

I would love to see us in a nice little hop over the channel to say Belgium or Holland where we play a couple of games over a long weekend to maybe some second tier clubs there. A few beers in the July sunshine in between watching games where we can see the latest recruits before the real stuff starts, playing in proper stadiums v half-decent opposition which will just be a little bit different to Cressing Road. A chance to air the Suffolk Shrimper flag on foreign soil. Not too an ambitious or unrealistic request surely?

Over to you .......

From what i gather, both Ipswich and Billericay have mentioned us in various club tweets as friendlies arranged

Would be nice to have a quick trip to Holland or France. Use Southend airport, short flight to Amsterdam or Rennes for a weekend jaunt.

Reckon Great Wakering, Canvey, Billericay, Braintree and then someone like Watford

Would be nice to have a quick trip to Holland or France. Use Southend airport, short flight to Amsterdam or Rennes for a weekend jaunt.

Reckon Great Wakering, Canvey, Billericay, Braintree and then someone like Watford

Rennes is a good shout. Cracking ground as well.

Manchester United , and use it as a testimonial for Alan Moody , Alan played against them when he was 20 in a FA cup match for Middlesburough and marked George Best plus it would give them a chance for them to try to get even .

Little mini tour to Spain - Alicante area. Friendlies against Elche, Real Murcia or Hercules. Training Base to being Torrevieja! It will give Phil Brown the chance to buy me the pint he owes me for being at Shrewsbury last season!

I would like to see, Brighton at home - another family type seaside club.... who have just won a promotion recently.

I do think we will play

Mini Break to Spain - Playing 3rd Tier oppo
Great Wakering - Away
Billericay - Away
Canvey Island - Away
Braintree or Chelmsford - Away
Ipswich - Home
and possibly, some one like Brentford (may be part of the tribunal package to play a friendly game perhaps) at home

Probably in the minority here, but in addition to our normal suspects I would like Colchester home or away and Norwich at the Hall.

Early preseason training week in the Highlands.
Start with the a couple of days stamina work up and down some decent hills in the mornings . With sprint work in the afternoons .
Progress to ball work at speed in the afternoon midweek
Thursday , Friendly against Clachnaccudin in Inverness
Saturday ICT in a friendly .

Back