• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre season friendlies.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Now we have 007 in charge the business of sorting a few early games ought to be on his "to do" list.
Using his, (and his mates') connection I expect we may have;

Bournemouth (few first teamers and some development)
Gt Wakering as always.
Derby County (or where ever Frank is?)

Orient?
Col Ewe?

An extensive tour of local non-league clubs please.

It’ll help their coffers and spread a bit of goodwill which can be paid back next time they chance upon some good young talent.

One of Powell’s biggest mistakes was the inadequacy of the pre-season schedule. I’d like to see us play lot more matches this year.

Frankly, other than a decent home tie for some wonga I’d rather we did our level best to schedule matches purely on the basis of improving fitness, technique and form.

A nice West Country tour perhaps playing non league clubs and finishing off with someone like Bristol City or Cardiff maybe, just to stretch us a little.

Please, please, please let Bishops Stortford be included - one of the best non league local grounds for facilities.

I don't want another Newcastle or Leeds type, but would like to see one of the OTHER prem London clubs pay us a visit.

I like to see them play some of the local teams as it helps them smaller teams and keeps games local for most of the supporters

Dorset tour coming up, round 'Arry's for tea each day. I know the mighty Wimborne Town (Carl Pettefer plays for them) have put in a request to Ron and plugged Weymouth, Dorchester and Poole too.

Like a trip to Great Wakering a bit same old but great to support local non league teams

Great Wakering
Billericay
Chelmsford
Fulham
Tour to somewhere in Europe, Switzerland say?

Back