• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre season friendlies.

The 23s played and beat Aveley last pre season....I don’t see that being a first team friendly option but I’m pretty sure the 23s will play again as they use the ground for their games
We will see what Bond wants to do with friendlies.But Avaley play at same level as Great Wakering so maybe a option to send a team of some sort there.Went there for a charity game last Saturday and was over 2000 fans there

Yes, and we didn't play the usual number of friendlies early on against non-league clubs.

All season many of our players never had 90 minutes in them. Dieng, Dru and Kightly just to name a few.....Rather than a tame 45 v Little Theatre Club, if you want to get match fit you cant beat 90 minutes against a team that are better than you.

Again not dismissing a few trips to local teams but who we play from the Championship or PL at RH is far more important to KB this summer.

Great Wakering
Canvey
Billericay
Braintree
Orient/col u
Championship
Prem

Whatever happened to the Anglo-Italian Cup...I'm sure we've been in that....sunshine, Limoncello and footie...all good in my book...

Probably the hooliganism that followed it around from both sides had a big part to play in it's cancellation.

A game early doors at Pitsea and Bowers would be good, especially after their title win.

Last edited:
We got any tenuous links to Spurs? Would love to play them in their new gaff. Don't care what team they put out, the under 5's if they like. Just want to see the ground!

Probably the hooliganism that followed it around from both sides had a big part to play in it's cancellation.

Probably the hooliganism from the players of both sides had a big part to play in it's cancellation.

Probably the hooliganism from the players of both sides had a big part to play in it's cancellation.

Wasn't aware of this and often think it would be good to introduce it again.

What happened?

All season many of our players never had 90 minutes in them. Dieng, Dru and Kightly just to name a few.....Rather than a tame 45 v Little Theatre Club, if you want to get match fit you cant beat 90 minutes against a team that are better than you.

Again not dismissing a few trips to local teams but who we play from the Championship or PL at RH is far more important to KB this summer.

Presumably that's a comment about players being injured in pre-season?

Because Dru missed all of pre-season training with injury and Dieng struggled with injury during pre-season (e.g. IIRC he was a doubt before and then limped off after about 5 mins v Leeds). I'm sceptical that a full pre-season will fix Kightly.

Last year we basically had the usual matches against decent opposition Leeds, Spurs and, er, Orient. What we lacked was the warm up games before that against your little theatre clubs for the players get their legs under them before the workouts against the bigger sides.

We had a match against Great Wakering and one against Aveley (although I think that ended up being u23s) and maybe someone else but we mucked Dartford about and cancelled on them.

What we lacked was the warm up games before that against your little theatre clubs for the players get their legs under them before the workouts against the bigger sides.

We had a match against Great Wakering and one against Aveley (although I think that ended up being u23s) and maybe someone else but we mucked Dartford about and cancelled on them.

There was also a trip to Spain and played Aberdeen “reserves”....and we played Bishops Stortford in what was a fringe team game but included Hendrie, Kyp, Elvis, Ferdinand and Theo as well as Klass, Gard, Hutchinson, Batlowka and Ba.....

There was also a trip to Spain and played Aberdeen “reserves”....and we played Bishops Stortford in what was a fringe team game but included Hendrie, Kyp, Elvis, Ferdinand and Theo as well as Klass, Gard, Hutchinson, Batlowka and Ba.....

Oh yeah, I was at Bishops Stortford. Theo was captain wasn't he?

Anton was released before the season and Theo didn't last the season either so it was very much a fringe side. These players also need a run out but I do think the first teamers were short-changed in terms of game minutes coming into the season.

Back