• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre season friendlies.

No idea but as Mick said, the games often turned into punch ups.

I believe even the mild-mannered Chris Powell was sent off after a mass brawl in one of the home matches. The matches in Italy were apparently tetchy to say the least.

Braintree Town, seeing as it’s my new local team and I’ve never done the ground.

Wouldn't worry, it makes Canvey's ground look ok! They haven't made it into card payment territory, cash only, and they really are on a shoestring! Got to be honest, would rather be on Canvey than in Braintree any day of the week!!

Reasonable club house though, 10 minutes walk for me, so until I can move back home, a friendly at Braintree is not all bad!

Wouldn't worry, it makes Canvey's ground look ok! They haven't made it into card payment territory, cash only, and they really are on a shoestring! Got to be honest, would rather be on Canvey than in Braintree any day of the week!!

Reasonable club house though, 10 minutes walk for me, so until I can move back home, a friendly at Braintree is not all bad!

It’s about the same for me, I haven’t even been passed the ground yet. Will venture there next week. Their season ticket prices are phenomenal! I considered it if I couldn’t afford a Southend one!

It’s about the same for me, I haven’t even been passed the ground yet. Will venture there next week. Their season ticket prices are phenomenal! I considered it if I couldn’t afford a Southend one!

Me too, but the football was dire! Even our season, which was terrible has been massively better than their performances. Last game I went to was their play off game a couple of years ago (15/16) when they seriously overachieved (With Danny Cowley in charge and Lee Barnard, Mark Phillips and Alex Woodyard in the squad) and they almost made it into the football league! It's been a downhill spiral since... but as the only part time club in the conference it was only to be expected.

All things considered, the fortnightly trip to Southend, despite the drive, appalling train service and season ticket cost is worth every penny! Oh how I yearn for those days when I lived 10 minutes walk from Roots Hall!! What the hell was I thinking...

Hope the club can arrange a game at Great Wakering, that club really could do with the income that's generated. Rather it go to them than Tamplins outfit although I appreciate Billericay is a stiffer test for our squad.

Back