• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre season friendlies.

That’s what I normally do and after one game it was me and a friend coming up against 15 Millwall, we were wearing Southend shirts and one **** threw punches at us both. Now I can look after myself but not against 15 Millwall, I slipped his punch as it clipped my sunglasses my friend took one to the fore head and had a nasty lump for days. We did nothing saw them coming and put our heads down to not cause trouble. For that reason I’ll give this one a miss!
Sorry to hear you and your pal had a nasty experience.I can only comment on my own experiences and I pick and choose friendlies but like to do the home ones so will probably do this one

Last edited:
Whilst the old Den was not the nicest place to visit, can't say I have ever seen any trouble from Millwall when they are in town, baring in mind their reputation

Having said that its not as if I go drinking down the seafront. Seen a lot worse from the likes of Wolves or Liecester

i heard some talk of it at a cup final the other week at the ground, I called MIllwall and the other name being mentioned was Palace which would be a good test too, but could just be rumors... no genuine knowledge

Can't believe it, I'm currently having a week down Weymouth and Dad and I both said this week how good it would be to play Weymouth in the cup. Low and behold, they've just announced we are playing them in pre-season!

We won't be able to do it with it being on a Friday but if anyone can, I recommend it. Weymouth is a really great place to visit. Nightlife is really good too! Be great for a weekend away.

Sounds good to me :Thumbs up:

Saves some money, keeps our pounds in England and ensures Kev is available if he’s needed on any transfer business. I also liked the comment about getting plenty of match practice in pre-season.

Sure be a few shrimpers making the trip.Staying over etc.New ground for many too

We won't be able to do it with it being on a Friday but if anyone can, I recommend it. Weymouth is a really great place to visit. Nightlife is really good too! Be great for a weekend away.

Visited there twice last year, whilst staying near Bridport. IMO good old fashioned seaside town, with 2 Weatherspoon pubs.
Estimate 15-20 min walk from town centre to ground.

Bournemouth away please (KB must be able to arrange this) nice weekend away in the new forest, followed by a good night out in Bournemouth , go and visit Harry’s house in sandbanks what’s not to like ?

Not far out !

Its arrys back garden

It's in MY back garden!

Having two weeks ago made a bit of a fuss under the SUEPA banner on Twitter and Facebook of suggesting a Dorset tour ......... well, knock me down with a Dorset Knob (that's a biscuit in case you're wondering, a local inedible delicacy).

With over 18,000 miles to travel if I see every home and away league match this season (unlikely unless I want a divorce) it will be nice to kick the season off with a trip from Swanage to Weymouth just a few miles away.

Couldn't be better!

Visited there twice last year, whilst staying near Bridport. IMO good old fashioned seaside town, with 2 Weatherspoon pubs.
Estimate 15-20 min walk from town centre to ground.
i WAS IN Bridort 55 years ago with 3 mates ,we bought an old car for 100 pounds and took off for 2 weeks sold the car on our return for 150 pounds lol had a great time there too and other places

It's in MY back garden!

Having two weeks ago made a bit of a fuss under the SUEPA banner on Twitter and Facebook of suggesting a Dorset tour ......... well, knock me down with a Dorset Knob (that's a biscuit in case you're wondering, a local inedible delicacy).

With over 18,000 miles to travel if I see every home and away league match this season (unlikely unless I want a divorce) it will be nice to kick the season off with a trip from Swanage to Weymouth just a few miles away.

Couldn't be better!

At least you won't have to queue to get across the chainlink ferry for that one!

Back