• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Doesn't say "Wet Spam XI", so does that mean in will include some first teamers?

Prices to be released soon .... wouldn't be surprised if it is £20 for an adult.

Home stands full of West Ham fans as per usual. No thanks, wish they would try and get a better friendly than this. It gets so ****ing boring playing them every year. I would understand if they helped us out loaning us loads of youth players but of late all they sent was a crock!

Home stands full of Wet Spam fans as per usual. No thanks, wish they would try and get a better friendly than this. It gets so ****ing boring playing them every year. I would understand if they helped us out loaning us loads of youth players but of late all they sent was a crock!

I think that was the purpose of us playing their kids the pre season before last, to have a look at some potential loanees but they were toilet!

Are this shower the only local premier league club we can attract?

Oh well, at least I now know what weekend I can take Mrs Suffolk Blue away.

I look forward to hearing how awful it was afterwards!

Any friendly against opposition from a higher division is worthwhile. I agree that West Ham are a bit same old, same old, but it will get a few quid into the pot and gives us an opportunity to be tested rather than only playing lower league sides. Most importantly, it will give Iron Mike a proper opportunity to realise that it is time to come away from the dark side which is West Ham, and embrace the Blues completely.

Oh dear, not again. This friendly has been slogged to death. I think they should approach Crystal Palace or Arsenal, or any Premiership club South ish that we don't normally play. Maybe Aston Villa, something to capture the imagination, but please, no more West Ham.

Would like to see Crystal Palace come down rather than Wet Spam
would agree but crystal Palace will only have 200 away fans

Sadly with The hamsters we will see 2000 plus as most live in South Essex anyway

I am only happy as long as our club makes some Bob out of it TBH

Doesn't say "Wet Spam XI", so does that mean in will include some first teamers?

Prices to be released soon .... wouldn't be surprised if it is £20 for an adult.

U21 first teamers maybe .....................nothing above that level normally.....

Will make sure I am doing something else that day. Claret and blue in the HOME stands, no thanks. Shame the Hammers are not playing a friendly at Millwall. Would be interesting if their fans would sit in the home end then!

Any friendly against opposition from a higher division is worthwhile. I agree that Wet Spam are a bit same old, same old, but it will get a few quid into the pot and gives us an opportunity to be tested rather than only playing lower league sides. Most importantly, it will give Iron Mike a proper opportunity to realise that it is time to come away from the dark side which is Wet Spam, and embrace the Blues completely.

Agreed - as long as there are some first team players to gauge our sharpness and fitness against.

As for Iron Mike ........... well, it's probably too late for him to come out publically and declare a new type of love. :winking:

Every time we get this one there are complaints but its a money spinner.

I probably wont bother going because it will be full of part time West Ham fans, but if it makes the club a bit of money so be it.

Back