• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-season friendly

ShrimperJim

Coach
We have Leyton Orient and Dagenham in a triangular tournament. Due to Orients ground redevelopments, they can't play at home, so we play them at Dagenhams ground. Hmmmmm
rock.gif

A premiship team would be nice at roots hall e.g chelsea or even west ham(even though they might not be in prem next season)

has sufc made any announcements on pre season and meet the blues day yet

Actually, we are playing Orient at Roots Hall on the 28th July. We play D&R, at their place, on the 24th July. Nice for the club to let us know, eh!

Kev

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 28 2004,01:43)]Confused!!...Anyone confirm these fixtures??

rock.gif
Would be nice if Southend United Football Club could see it fit to announce such things if they are confirmed appointments.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 28 2004,07:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 28 2004,01:43)]Confused!!...Anyone confirm these fixtures??

rock.gif
Would be nice if Southend United Football Club could see it fit to announce such things if they are confirmed appointments.
Yeah, by letting us know at this late stage they have only given us, THE FANS, scarcely three months to finalize travel arrangements for these high profile events.

I also think it is a bit unfair on Essex police who will now have to make security and traffic management plans to cater for what could literally be hundreds of fans converging on Roots hall and Dagenham.

Arsenal are charging £500,000 to play a pre-season friendly and they want half the gate receipts!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 28 2004,09:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 28 2004,07:52)]
[b said:

rock.gif
Yeah, by letting us know at this late stage they have only given us, THE FANS, scarcely three months to finalize travel arrangements for these high profile events.

I also think it is a bit unfair on Essex police who will now have to make security and traffic management plans to cater for what could literally be hundreds of fans converging on Roots hall and Dagenham.
Yes, I think they should say now. So what if it's a long way off? Why commit to these games if it's so far off?

Some fans actually plan their summer visits from afar to the town of Southend and even Blighty, just to coincide with any games that may be of interest... I'd shift a visit from one week to another... but I can't do that when notice is given close to the time.

If they know... it costs nothing to put it on the official sh*te.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 28 2004,08:41)]I wonder if they will be inviting our friends from North Essex over again?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I don't have any friends in North Essex........................Oooh wait aminute do you mean Terry and Karen from Wivenhoe, why would the club invite them over they don't even know them??

Your such a worm Brainless the Dog

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ASHRIMPER @ April 27 2004,22:44)]A premiship team would be nice at roots hall e.g chelsea or even west ham(even though they might not be in prem next season)
Ah yes. A Premiersh*t team that sends down a team of kids. Tottenham two summers ago anyone? Waste of time.

Prefer the old non-league tours we used to do ...

WS

All Orient's home games will be all ticket next year as both their north ands west terraces are to be shut. Our game could be interesting, assuming they survive.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 28 2004,09:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ April 28 2004,08:41)]I wonder if they will be inviting our friends from North Essex over again?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I don't have any friends in North Essex........................Oooh wait aminute do you mean Terry and Karen from Wivenhoe, why would the club invite them over they don't even know them??

Your such a worm Brainless the Dog
Oh the Cockroach had spoken once again!

Listen you mindless moron, if we do play our neighbours from north Essex again i will personally see it that you and your knuckle dragging mates are locked in your houses after last years fiasco.

If i had my way i'd bring back stoning and have you done in Southend high St in front of all and i would cast the first stone
mad.gif
ghostface.gif

A summer camp for training and games against Maltese teams is what SUFC should organise.

Bolton did it last year.

rock.gif

[b said:
Clacton Town? Well, a bit optimistic but we can only ask ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 28 2004,10:55)]Then pop off here to play CD Jávea, perhaps ... ?

WS
They owe us, Mike. We made the trip to Cardiff.

They may even unearth two good players over here who I reckon could cut it. Michael Mifsud (striker) and Andrew Hogg (young goalkeeper making his way to full international).

Come on, SUFC, you know it makes sense.

Back