• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-season friendly

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 28 2004,09:50)]"who threw that?!"

WS
She did she did
Him him him him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The funniest film ever made.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 28 2004,08:11)]Arsenal are charging £500,000 to play a pre-season friendly and they want half the gate receipts!
*Champions League, they're having a laugh*

- - - - -

Hope no one plays the greedy fcukers.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ April 27 2004,22:13)]We have Leyton Orient and Dagenham in a triangular tournament. Due to Orients ground redevelopments, they can't play at home, so we play them at Dagenhams ground.  Hmmmmm  
rock.gif
As one of the Borient fans pointed out on Shrimpers.net - I don't know why Canvey haven't been included in the triangular tournament (so that it could then be a rectangular tournament)...

tounge.gif

As said fan pointed out, Southend could then warm up for their fothcoming league campaign against 3 Conference sides.

laugh.gif
ghostface.gif

Matt

P.S. Am I the only Shrimpers fan that wants Orient to stay up?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 28 2004,11:46)]P.S. Am I the only Shrimpers fan that wants Orient to stay up?
Yep. My little brothers in-laws are all Borient scum-bags, and I would not stop laughing if they went down - Martin Ling et al....

I'd laugh if they went down, but it would be shame not to play them every season - those derby games add a little bit of spice to the season. If only we didn't gift them six points every year though
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ April 28 2004,09:46)]All Orient's home games will be all ticket next year as both their north ands west terraces are to be shut. Our game could be interesting, assuming they survive.
biggrin.gif
So let me get this right, orient will only have two stands open for the entirity of next season??...How the hell will they cope with our hoardes of fans then? Dont tell me, its gonna be another season ticket holders only, away game??!!.. hmmm will be interesting to see how they cope especially if we are up at the right end of the table, me thinks it will be a tues nite jobby.
Of course this is if they stay up!!..

rock.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ April 28 2004,13:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ April 28 2004,09:46)]All Orient's home games will be all ticket next year as both their north ands west terraces are to be shut. Our game could be interesting, assuming they survive.
biggrin.gif
So let me get this right, orient will only have two stands open for the entirity of next season??...How the hell will they cope with our hoardes of fans then? Dont tell me, its gonna be another season ticket holders only, away game??!!.. hmmm will be interesting to see how they cope especially if we are up at the right end of the table, me thinks it will be a tues nite jobby.
Of course this is if they stay up!!..

rock.gif

tounge.gif
They can always "beam" coverage back to Roots Hall
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 28 2004,13:43)]I thought it was just the terrace part (our away end) that was getting done this year ...

Kev

rock.gif
Did you go Orient this year? If you did it has all the information about next season's redevelopment of Brisbane Road in the matchday programme.

PS- There will be 500 seated tickets for away fans.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 28 2004,16:04)]PS- There will be 500 seated tickets for away fans.
wow.gif

500? We normally take 2-3 times as many as that; and I remember that we took nigh on 3,000 for one New Year's fixture...

wow.gif
ghostface.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 28 2004,09:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ASHRIMPER @ April 27 2004,22:44)]A premiship team would be nice at roots hall e.g chelsea or even west ham(even though they might not be in prem next season)
Ah yes. A Premiersh*t team that sends down a team of kids. Tottenham two summers ago anyone? Waste of time.

Prefer the old non-league tours we used to do ...

WS
Even though Spurs bought a team of kids, thought out of all the pre seaon games, they were the best team to play us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LITTLEMAN @ April 28 2004,18:14)]Even though Spurs bought a team of kids, thought out of all the pre seaon games, they were the best team to play us.
Yeah, great. Getting walloped 4-1 by a bunch of kids was a real great way to prepare mentally for the new season ...

WS

I heard a whisper on Saturday that we've arranged a game against Peterborough during pre season. Can anyone confirm?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ April 28 2004,11:59)]We're gonna score an own-goal in a minute!  
sad.gif
HAHA! I'd crack up if we sung that next time we play them!

Back