• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Pre Season Meeting

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
As you probably know the various Supporters Groups meet regularly with the club and police to discuss the on-going issues of the day. We've not met for some time, though we did have the meeting with Ron in early March.

We are trying to set up a zoom meeting next week (Weds 1st looks best bet). We will be exploring the following:-

Refunds on 2019/20 season tickets and any unused match day for games cancelled due to lockdown (ie, from Rotherham onwards).

2020/21 season tickets - update from the Ron meeting on likely price and sliding scales

Contingencies if a second (or third) spike in Covid means games being play behind closed doors or cancelled.

Next season. When is it likely to start? Are there plans for socially distanced crowds? Do we know if there any plans of how to cram 46 games into a shorter timeframe??

Update on next sesaon's kit. (I miss that thread)

Developments on FF?

If you have a reasonable question (ie, one that wont be asked with "staff have been on furlough"), please can you add it below and we'll raise it for you.

For me, the most important one... will the club continue to lose £200k per month for the upcoming season, or will we address our finances so that we can live within our means.

Has Ron been regularly speaking to Sol? Will he be manager next year and aims for next season

Here's one for you that I may have raised before but even more relevant now that the Club needs every earner available.
Namely All the Blues supporters exiled in Ireland(A completely different country to the UK
cannot access I Follow as all other oversea supporters(even though we no chance of getting to a game or interfering with gate receipts.)

This purely due to SKY carve up of regions.

BUT IF A PORTION OF THE REVENUE GOES TO THE CLUB cannot Ron or a collection of Ron's tell Sky THAT THE CLUBS NEED THE ADDITIONAL CASH .

As you probably know the various Supporters Groups meet regularly with the club and police to discuss the on-going issues of the day. We've not met for some time, though we did have the meeting with Ron in early March.

We are trying to set up a zoom meeting next week (Weds 1st looks best bet). We will be exploring the following:-

Refunds on 2019/20 season tickets and any unused match day for games cancelled due to lockdown (ie, from Rotherham onwards).

2020/21 season tickets - update from the Ron meeting on likely price and sliding scales

Contingencies if a second (or third) spike in Covid means games being play behind closed doors or cancelled.

Next season. When is it likely to start? Are there plans for socially distanced crowds? Do we know if there any plans of how to cram 46 games into a shorter timeframe??

Update on next sesaon's kit. (I miss that thread)

Developments on FF?

If you have a reasonable question (ie, one that wont be asked with "staff have been on furlough"), please can you add it below and we'll raise it for you.

Ask him about the transfer embargo situation, we need to know if it’s been sorted out yet.

1) How does he feel his working relationship with Campbell is now compared to when he first joined? And was he transparent with him about things like HMRC and potential embargo?

2) Does he feel it is professional to notify the players in writing about their contract renewals instead of just calling them?

3) Was he looking for Larsson to just manage the Club or also bring it external investment to ?

What is the situation with the two Macclesfield lads?
Did they both sign?
Are the contracts in force/cancelled due to embargo?
Did they get paid/furloughed?
Will they be here next season?

Assuming the meeting is with Rhys, I'm not sure how much of this he will be able to answer!

Assuming the meeting is with Rhys, I'm not sure how much of this he will be able to answer!

Yes Kay good point. This is our regular meeting with the club. Not a meeting with Ron. Hopefully we'll get another chance to meet him again soon, so some of these questions are best asked then.

Some were asked last time, however, this was before covid changed everything.

I have a season ticket in the East Stand Red . I would be very interested to find out, what steps the Club will take to make the whole Stand Covid secure. I am thinking mostly of the method ofr reaching your seat after getting into the ground.

Will Toilet facilities, be safe to use ? After all, even 4 at a time would be pushing it. The tea bar, would surely not be allowed to open either.

Just a few thoughts, I will buy my season ticket regardless, whether I attend matches is an entirely different question.

Is there plans being discussed for fans to have the ability to use iFollow without being overseas? Even if fans are allowed back in stadiums some may not feel comfortable returning yet.

What do I need to do to get my money back on the away match tickets for the cancelled Ipswich Town game? The last place I want to donate anything to is the Tractor persons.
Ipswich won't get your money. The club will still have it and I suspect they will be holding onto it as long as they can.

The return of fans to RH is going to be a nightmare to deal with. East Stand for example, the corridors by the toilets are not much more than 2 meters, so you can't even pass each other. As Ricey said, many won't be comfortable going back, my mother-in-law who has been a ST holder for about 40 years has already said she won't be going back (Age, health issues etc).

Also, regards refunds Kerry, I like the idea being put into place by Colu (sorry for language) and I know Trust won't like the idea but I would rather see my cash go into an independent fund and give those payee's a say on where it is spent. I also understand the away ticket refunds are a separate issue.

The return of fans to RH is going to be a nightmare to deal with. East Stand for example, the corridors by the toilets are not much more than 2 meters, so you can't even pass each other. As Ricey said, many won't be comfortable going back, my mother-in-law who has been a ST holder for about 40 years has already said she won't be going back (Age, health issues etc).

Also, regards refunds Kerry, I like the idea being put into place by Colu (sorry for language) and I know Trust won't like the idea but I would rather see my cash go into an independent fund and give those payee's a say on where it is spent. I also understand the away ticket refunds are a separate issue.

The concourse in the South Upper also, a very tight space. The bars are also 'snug' and given the cost of employing staff to work there, it probably wouldn't be viable to open them with a very limited capacity. And the East Stand greens/blacks concourse is a nightmare as you say - toilet queue frequently runs into the queue for hot food. Imagine spacing everyone out by 2m there!

The concourse in the South Upper also, a very tight space. The bars are also 'snug' and given the cost of employing staff to work there, it probably wouldn't be viable to open them with a very limited capacity. And the East Stand greens/blacks concourse is a nightmare as you say - toilet queue frequently runs into the queue for hot food. Imagine spacing everyone out by 2m there!

Yes defo. Not saying it can't be done but the logistics will be a nightmare. I wouldn't want to be the person responsible for over seeing it

Back