• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Pre Season Meeting

Yes defo. Not saying it can't be done but the logistics will be a nightmare. I wouldn't want to be the person responsible for over seeing it
My understanding is that the local authority have issued guidelines to all businesses and they are visiting to enforce the guidelines so I am guessing this is going to be nightmare for the club

My understanding is that the local authority have issued guidelines to all businesses and they are visiting to enforce the guidelines so I am guessing this is going to be nightmare for the club

Exactly that Tinks. I Don't envy them having worked in health and safety

Last edited:
I know I bang on about us stuck in Overseas Ireland but no overseas privileges.
I totally object but there may be a partial solution.

If I understand correctly Millwall season ticket holders have been supplied with a pass code to watch all their remaining matches this season on I Follow at no extra charge.

I would buy a season ticket if that could be arranged and the club could sell the seat again if I was not there?

Should have been this evening.

It will now take place on the evening of 15th July, next Wednesday. at the request of Rhys from the Club as he expects to be able to offer us some firmer answers by then.

Makes absolute sense.

I bet it gets put off again as HMRC case is the following week isn't it (22nd) ?

They're not connected. We've met before with cases and embargoes hanging over us. In fact when we met Ron we were a week away from going to court.

This delay seems to be one to ensure that we get maximum benefit by getting the most up to date information rather than a frustrating "I'll get back to you on that".

Yep, we've agreed to publish notes across all groups at the same time. So 6pm on Friday it will be.

More than anything else it was great to talk to people about football. You don't really know how much you miss it.....

Below are the final version of the notes from Wednesday. Obviously, this meeting took place before the announcement re season ticket refunds.

The meeting opened with representatives expressing their respects to friend and colleague Mike Davis, the Southend Exiles representative who sadly became an early victim of Covid 19.

It was also agreed to invite a representative from the highly successful Youtube Channel, The Custard Splat to future meetings.

No decision on refunds, though club are listening to views of supporters and waiting for firmer information on a start date. All options remain on the table. Staff in ticket office are furloughed and are likely to be for a few weeks. They will be the people issuing any potential refunds. Grouping discussed many likelihoods scenarios, but we all favoured being given a choice.

Decisions need to be made around next seasons costs. There is a desire to be ensure that everyone is treated fairly, and contingencies need to be in place if we go behind closed doors next season. The club understand there is a long term risk if fans are treated poorly as a result. Things like ifollow credits may be considered if we have another Covid closedown.

Current view for next season is reduced capacity (40% seems to be the whisper), potentially no or limited away fans and the strong rumour is a 12th September start date. Season ticket holders would be given a priority. We await decisions from the EFL hopefully by the end of the month. There are significant challenges around Social Distancing in football grounds, and this is something that is being taken forward by all clubs. Police and Local Authorities will also be involved in this process.

Final decisions with Hummell now agreed. The provisional dates are - announcement on 31st July on home kit, away kit 7th August, pre sale 10th and in stock by the last week August. A new 2 year front of shirt deal has been agreed. Expectation is that shop will open on 10th August.

It seems the pitch wasn’t relayed due to lockdown, but improvements can be made to make sure it is playable for the duration of the coming season.

Police haven’t yet formulated plans for the coming season, as Government advice is changing as the pandemic picture changes and hope to have more clarity once the start of the season is known. Things will become clearer when fixture lists are produced. Lots of challenges, but very few answers at the present. Seven Barnsley fans charged with violent disorder from March 19, Southend fan due in court for racist abuse at Coventry. Obviously, no court cases taking place at the moment. The Police will work with the club, local authority, partner agencies and supporter groups once the new season is announced, with government guidelines for the return of football. The Police have a twitter account and are looking at ways to improve and build relationships with supporters. Please share any ideas.

Embargo – court case next week. Assumption is that will get paid on time. There was no update on the manager or the CEO.

Ifollow is available overseas – but not Ireland. This might have something to do with television rights, Rhys has offered to chase this up.

General view of the group is that all supporters need to pull together, we won’t be alone as there plenty of other clubs who are really struggling at this time. Club happy to share “feel good” stories.

Southend United facemasks will be made available. ?

We agreed to meet again before the beginning of next season, whenever that may be and all agreed Zoom is a far easier medium.

As an aside, Darren promised to eat his hat if Charlie Kelman isn’t top scorer in L2 next season.

It seems the pitch wasn’t relayed due to lockdown, but improvements can be made to make sure it is playable for the duration of the coming season.

To be honest, as we cant afford to open the Boot's & Lace's amenity ( as posted by some others on another page ), then i'm not at all surprised by this not happening.
The pitch has had an extra 2 months recovery period ( mid March to early May ), plus in all likely hood it wont be used in August as well?.

Back