• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Disappointing to be mucking around a club like Dartford, who have had to settle for a second rate alternative. Didn't we do this to somebody last year as well?

We've also changed the Orient date.

Disappointing to be mucking around a club like Dartford, who have had to settle for a second rate alternative. Didn't we do this to somebody last year as well?

We've also changed the Orient date.

Second rate?

Very generous.

I think we put Concord Ranger's nose out of joint in preseason. I think by promising the first team then changing to the yoofs

Can't think of the last time we played a friendly on a Sunday. Very odd.

Can't think of the last time we played a friendly on a Sunday. Very odd.

Yeah, bit strange that but according to the Yorkshire News they are playing Oxford a couple of days later and might try and fit another game in on the Saturday before us. Make a change though from abject boredom which is Sunday, probably take a wander down with the lad for that one.

Yeah, bit strange that but according to the Yorkshire News they are playing Oxford a couple of days later and might try and fit another game in on the Saturday before us. Make a change though from abject boredom which is Sunday, probably take a wander down with the lad for that one.

How is he doing at games now, does he enjoy going?

How is he doing at games now, does he enjoy going?

I took him to a couple at Roots Hall after the Rotherham episode. He wasn't keen but I managed to get him in there and he was ok. There was someone swearing a bit which made him a little nervious but when I looked up it turned to be a chap I go years back with so I told him off, he said sorry, we both winked at each other and the lad was fine after that.

A chap I work with will be taking his grand kids next season and one of them, like me boy, is mildly autistic and doesn't like the bad noise thing I mentioned before. I told my lad this and he tells me he will sit with him and look after him, I nearly cried.

That's for asking, good of you.

what are the definitive friendlies now? can't keep track!

Only one home game. Vs Leeds on 22nd. Great Wakering away on 7th, Orient away 28th. Spurs behind closed doors at some point. Think there's a game vs Aveley too, might be 12th.

Quite a bare schedule. Powell obviously confident that we don't need too many games. On the flip side perhaps not a bad call to reduce chance of injuries especially given our squad and their track record.

It appears we are off to Spain after all.......To play Aberdeen Youth of course!!

DgsbM8DXcAAauJ4.jpg:large

Last edited:
Can't see many taking up this offer. Especially for a game against Aberdeen youth team at a training ground.

The flights they are using are only about £140 return at the moment. So probably much cheaper to sort out your own travel and hotel.

Great Wakering have officially announced that it will now be a 12:30 kick off.

Back