• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Predatory 13yo girls?

Any 13yr old who is sexually predatory (especially to a much older man) is obviously seriously damaged by abuse, be it physical or emotional.

To be fair, the judge was repeating the prosection's comments. Why prosecution said it and not defence in mitigation is beyond me however.

The prosecutor has a responsibility to give a balanced viewpoint and that may include offering up mitigation where applicable.

So says the legal correspondent on the BBC News website.

From the CPS website.

The Prosecutor's Role In Sentencing

Sentencing is a decision for the court, but prosecutors have a duty to offer assistance to the sentencing court in reaching its decision as to the appropriate sentence by drawing the court's attention to the following factors:

a) any aggravating or mitigating factors disclosed by the prosecution case;

From the CPS website.

The Prosecutor's Role In Sentencing

Sentencing is a decision for the court, but prosecutors have a duty to offer assistance to the sentencing court in reaching its decision as to the appropriate sentence by drawing the court's attention to the following factors:

a) any aggravating or mitigating factors disclosed by the prosecution case;

You missed out the part where it says:

The prosecution advocate represents the public interest

I don't think calling a 13 year old predatory is a mitigating factor.

On the same website, it also says that

E3. Where notice has not been given in accordance with paragraph E2, the prosecution advocate must not acquiesce in permitting mitigation which is derogatory to a person's character.

I would argue that calling the victim a predator at 13 is somewhat derogatory.

Well the prosecution thought it was worth commenting on, even if they might not have got the phrasing right.

On the same website, it also says that

E3. Where notice has not been given in accordance with paragraph E2, the prosecution advocate must not acquiesce in permitting mitigation which is derogatory to a person's character.

I would argue that calling the victim a predator at 13 is somewhat derogatory.

Doesn't that depend on what her actions were?

Well the prosecution thought it was worth commenting on, even if they might not have got the phrasing right.

Doesn't that depend on what her actions were?

Well, the prosecution QC has been banned from dealing with sex cases from now on, so I guess he got it wrong big time.

Has he? The only news stories I've seen say that he's not allowed to deal with them whilst the investigation is going.

Well, maybe the truth lies somewhere in between

A Crown Prosecution Service spokesman said: "We are now considering the involvement of this barrister in sexual offence prosecutions and have advised his chambers that we will not instruct him in any ongoing or future cases involving sexual offences in the meantime."

Some people are offering excuses for the lame dick defendant and the dumb **** prosecutor; but what part of THIRTEEN do they not understand? A CHILD FFS!:stunned:

Some people are offering excuses for the lame dick defendant and the dumb **** prosecutor; but what part of THIRTEEN do they not understand? A CHILD FFS!:stunned:

I'd back the judge, the defence counsel and the prosecutor who know the details of the case over someone commenting on what they'd read in the newspaper.

Have you a link for that?

Because I haven't seen anything suggesting that.

Well the fact this case has seemingly prompted a review of how child sex cases are handled, a new system with specially trained judges is being introduced and that the CPS is now looking at this particular case to increase the sentence suggests that all is not well...

Some 13 year olds can be total jailbait, though I'm not sure if that is similar enough to be described as "predatory". However, it does seem a ridiculous accusation to be making, though I've not read all the detail.

Some 13 year olds can be total jailbait, though I'm not sure if that is similar enough to be described as "predatory". However, it does seem a ridiculous accusation to be making, though I've not read all the detail.

At 13? Jesus, that's one ****ed up homelife.

I'd back the judge, the defence counsel and the prosecutor who know the details of the case over someone commenting on what they'd read in the newspaper.

Could you clarify a little. Without knowing the ins and outs of the case do you also back the judge in his sentencing of the offender?

At the end of the day the comments were wholly wrong to have been made in a court of law about a child. What's far more disturbing to me is the fact that those involved in the sentencing of the offender seem to have forgotten that the guy was 41 years old at the time of the offence and regardless of how much he was egged on, regardless of how much of a sexual predator the girl was, and regardless of the circumstances at the time he's and adult, she's a child and he could of and should of just walked away. End of story. Should have got a minimum 10 year stretch IMO

Back