• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Predict our finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Just interested in gauging people's thoughts on how we'll do this season, based on our current squad.

I don't think we'll be relegation fodder at all. We've got a decent squad, maybe 1 or 2 more additions & I fancy us to aim for a play-off place. I'd even say with our current squad, we could nick a place.

And we can revisit this thread at the end of next season, to see who's got it spot on. And for those who do get it correct, the prize will be either a signed copy of the SZ Eggheads episode (if it's ever on) or a pair of Cricko's old pantaloons.

Think we wil finish in the top part of the bottom half of the table. I think that will be a good acheivement and give us somthing to push on with in the 2016/17 season. But the key thing is that we finish above Col U...
:happy:

Depends on Phil's game plan,playing defensive we will struggle,2 up top I can see mid table possibly higher depending if the veteran forwards score enough.

I would be happy with anything other than relegation. With a bit of luck we can finish in the top half but realistically I expect us to be safe without really making a name for ourselves.

Next season we need to see which of these players can cut it in L1 then look at the transfer market again next summer.

I would be happy with anything other than relegation. With a bit of luck we can finish in the top half but realistically I expect us to be safe without really making a name for ourselves.

Next season we need to see which of these players can cut it in L1 then look at the transfer market again next summer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us focus on the defence next summer.

I think we've been very fortunate to keep Bentley for this long and hopefully he will sign a contract extension, possibly with a buy-out clause so he knows if a much bigger team comes calling we won't stand is his way if it is a decent offer, but can see him leaving next summer. Ted Smith might be ready to step up then, but we'd still need a number 2.

I'd be surprised if Barrett doesn't retire next summer. I think that Prosser, Thompson and Bolger could be ok at this level and that will be tested this season.

I think White and Coker will do well at this level and hopefully the 2 youth full-backs coming through will carry on progressing in the under 21 team and provide competition in the next couple of seasons.

I would be over the moon with a top ten finish. I don't expect us to be challenging for a play off spot but if that did happen then that would be fantastic. In all honestly for this season I am just happy being out of league 2.

If we finish 10th this season that would be success for me and then maybe try and push for a pay off spot next season. I still think we need at least 3 decent signingsm maybe even 5 and then a couple of contract extentions from the likes of Prosser etc.

Hopefully then our squad will start taking shape. 2 more strikers and maybe a young loanee, 1 winger, and 1 defender.

When Tilly and Brush took us on a journey of wonderment through this division, deep down I didn't believe it was possible to get promotion from Division 1 as champions so soon after getting out of Division 2. Deep down I didn't think that beating Stevenage over two legs was the sort of thing we were capable of, failing heroically at the end I reckoned beforehand; Deep down, I didn't believe that we would enjoy my best moment ever at Wembley with only minutes remaining; oh, and I didn't believe we would trash Man United (that belief wasn't deep down by the way).

With the right results early on, and building on the team spirit thing, I now believe deep down that anything is possible where SUFC are concerned. Play-offs for me, with another wondrous visit to Wembley to finish it off, Why not?

When Tilly and Brush took us on a journey of wonderment through this division, deep down I didn't believe it was possible to get promotion from Division 1 as champions so soon after getting out of Division 2. Deep down I didn't think that beating Stevenage over two legs was the sort of thing we were capable of, failing heroically at the end I reckoned beforehand; Deep down, I didn't believe that we would enjoy my best moment ever at Wembley with only minutes remaining; oh, and I didn't believe we would trash Man United (that belief wasn't deep down by the way).

With the right results early on, and building on the team spirit thing, I now believe deep down that anything is possible where SUFC are concerned. Play-offs for me, with another wondrous visit to Wembley to finish it off, Why not?

Sounds pretty deep to me.

I reckon top half, could be one of very few seasons that come March we wont have much to play for. I can only think of one season where thats been the case in recent History, the Sturrock/Brown change year.

Back