• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Predict the score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can see us scoring a few, especially against their defense, but i can also see them scoring a couple as well as they are pretty good in attack. 3-2 for win

I voted for 'other score and why?' because I clicked the wrong button. That was a daft thing to do.

following last few results it's a nailed on 3-1 victory to us and have been looking forward to giving them a spanking, but have just had that icy cold nagging doubt run down my spine, so will now shut up, clench my teeth and pray. UTB, see you all boxing day

best chance I can remember to absolutely hammer them, so 7-1, why not.

I have been drinking non stop since friday night and it may have clouded my judgement

You have to wonder about the effect the new manager will have. They will want to show him how good they are and fight for places in a future line up. Plus the fact that every time you really start thinking Southend are going places they tend to let you down. Milwall the most recent example. So I am cautious of predicting an easy win for the Blues. Off on Holiday tonight to Canaries so will only be listening to game on the internet. I think it will be a great atmosphere. 2-1 southend fingers tightly crossed.

You have to wonder about the effect the new manager will have. They will want to show him how good they are and fight for places in a future line up. Plus the fact that every time you really start thinking Southend are going places they tend to let you down. Milwall the most recent example. So I am cautious of predicting an easy win for the Blues. Off on Holiday tonight to Canaries so will only be listening to game on the internet. I think it will be a great atmosphere. 2-1 southend fingers tightly crossed.

Nobody can inject the centre of their "defence" with pace. They've conceded 40 in 11 games now, a quick goal will see them fold faster than the Japanese origami team. (That's my prediction condemned to doom!) :'(

I can see it being 2-1 win for us. I think they will score, even though they're struggling they're still scoring quite a few. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually turned into a goal fest at like 3-2 or something like that. I think this game has the making of a classic encounter!!!!

A hopeful 5-2, with Mooney brace, Barrett, White, Coker. The Col ewe boys haunting old pastures

Nobody can inject the centre of their "defence" with pace. They've conceded 40 in 11 games now, a quick goal will see them fold faster than the Japanese origami team. (That's my prediction condemned to doom!) :'(

This is what I'm thinking. I'd suspect most Col ewe supporters are fearing it too.

If Phil goes 2 up top with JP just behind then we will score at least twice.

on paper we should win and score plenty of goals, but think we will go out their massively over confident and lose 2-1

Negative I know but I am going for a 2-2 draw. Mainly because I fully believe there will be goals in this game, but don't think we will win. Now that Colchester have appointed a new manager the main aspect he will focus on his not loosing, I don't think they care about winning the game, they just don't want to get hammered. So I believe they will set up to do anything they can not to loose. Wether thats wasting time or playing a heavily defensive team.

But that being said they have a dire defence. So I'm sure we will nick a couple of goals.

My heart screams easy win but, knowing how these local derbies often pan out, my head is not so confident. IMHO all to play for and, as we know, holiday games throw up odd results. Fingers and everything crossed. COYBB.

2-1 to us with ab getting the second in the last few seconds of extra time

Back