• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr. Benedict

The Devious Badger
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

I will be running the prediction league this year. For those of you who didn't play last season the rules are on the PL forum, I'm using these basic rules with a few minor modifications:

- Each Monday I will put up six League One matches to predict. You may predict on one or all of the offerings, obviously the more you predict the more points you can get. I will also put up all midweek league and cup games involving Southend for prediction.
- The polls will open on Monday and close on Friday at 23.59. If click the wrong option by mistake you may request that your vote is altered by sending me a PM, although this will be at my discretion so be careful.
- The points system is simple. Predict a correct forecast (e.g. Southend win) and you get one point, if you get the exact scoreline correct (e.g 2-2 draw) then you get three points. Extremely good predictors who get all six forecasts right will get a bonus of five points, people who can see the future and get all six scorelines right get a bonus of ten points for that week.

This week's polls will be posted later today, so happy predicting people!

At the end of the season there will be a Zone Prediction League Trophy for the winner.

All this week's fixtures are available and they will close between 12:00 and 12:30 on Saturday (I have set them to stay up for three days from the time they were created).

Good luck everyone!

James

i posted mine when i did my others on the threads due to the polls being closed Saturday morning........would like to keep those points for obvious reasons...:)

After discussion with Blueblood about this one I have decided to trust everyone on this one, points gained from the Brighton match stand.

Sorry for the confusion guys.

After discussion with Blueblood about this one I have decided to trust everyone on this one, points gained from the Brighton match stand.

Sorry for the confusion guys.

Very well played Ben .. that keeps my lead at 4 points i believe

:support: :support: :support: :support: : :support:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

as a point of interest will playoff games count and the bonus points for predicting correctly all games played ?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

as a point of interest will playoff games count and the bonus points for predicting correctly all games played ?

I'm gonna be doing predictions for all playoff games in all divisions, including the final. I may even chuck in the cup final as well :)

Plenty more games to predict on yet!

I only award bonus points for complete (i.e. 6 or more) sets of fixtures I put out - they will be awarded for all remaining sets of fixtures bar the playoff finals (as there are only three of those).

The prediction for the Cup Final (should I put it up) will be independant of the regular PO predictions and won't be considered should bonus points come into the equation.

Ben, in the highly unlikely event of us finishing 2nd surely the PL should finish there and then .. as i thoght we only predict on sets of fixtures that we are involved in .. ie L1, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Play-Offs

This post has absolutely nothing to do with me wanting the PL season to end asap ;)

Ben, in the highly unlikely event of us finishing 2nd surely the PL should finish there and then .. as i thoght we only predict on sets of fixtures that we are involved in .. ie L1, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Play-Offs

This post has absolutely nothing to do with me wanting the PL season to end asap ;)

But you're quite right, I've been running the prediction league based on the length of our (i.e. SUFC's) season - hence when there have been other batches of L1 fixtures in midweek that have not involved us I have not posted them up.

If we finish second then I will end the league then. I will be too busy celebrating to care about anything else!
That's unlikely though, so I think it'll be running for a few more weeks yet ;)

Back