• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
After the results of the recent poll the Prediction League will be set up slightly differently to previous seasons.

Firstly let me make it clear, that if you want to predict then nothing has really changed. You will have to predict 6 fixtures, southend's first scorer of the day, and use a wildcard. The only difference is that the first time you predict you will be asked if you consider yourself to be a north, south, east or west stander irrespective of how many times you go. The big difference is on the scoring which falls on yours truely.

This season wil be split into four sessions of about 13 or 14 games each. The first session will run from the 3rd August (opening League match) to 5th October and incorporate 10 League matches and up to 3 Capitol Cup and 1 JPT match.

The scoring will be as before, 3 points for a correct score, 1 point for correct result, and these doubled if a wildcard is used. In addition this year we will include "Southend's first goalscorer" (previously only used in the Southend Prediction League) if correctly predicted will score 2 points or if you predict no scorer and this is correct you gain 1 point

At the final table on the 5th October the top 20 predictors will go into the first Division for the next session, the remainder into Division Two. In the event of being level on points the person with the highest weekly score takes precedence (as in the final table of last season).

This is the agenda:
Week One - League fixtures 3 august
Week Two - Capitol Cup Round 1
Week Three - League fixtures 10 august
Week Four - League fixtures 17 August
Week Five - League Fixtures 24 August
Week Six - Capitol Cup Round 2
Week Seven - League fixtures 31 August
Week Eight - JPT Round 1
Week Nine - League fixtures 7 Sep
Week Ten - League Fixtutes 14 Sep
Week 11 - League Fixtures 21 Sep
Week 12 - Capitol Cup Round 3
Week 13 - League Fixtures 28 Sep
Week 14 - League Fixtures 5 Oct

At a later date I will post details for the "Prediction Cup", "SUFC Prediction League" and "Roots Hall "Home" Cup"!!

The changes are all being made to hopefully make the PL more enjoyable with lots going on weekly. Predicting is as simple as ever, scoring has become a lot more complex so please bear with me, when it gets going if you think I've got your score wrong please send me a pm and I will willingly check and correct if neccessary.

Finally we notivce a lot of guests viewing the Prediction League threads, why not have a go, if you've never posted on Shrimperzonbe what better way to start, it is all in fun, and you can't make a fool of yourself as we are all useless predictors anyway!!.

DoDtS

Nice work! I'm not a regular, but had a season ticket in the South stand so guessing I would go there.

Back