• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Please select your preferred back 4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Given the news that Coker and Turner are out for the rest of the season, what is your preferred back 4 for the final 4 games?

Last edited:
Hendrie isn't available as we can't recall him. You can only recall players during the transfer window.

A combination that involves both Kyp and Elvis - now is the perfect time to give them a chance.

Harry came to us as a let back so give him the opportunity to fill the spot. Elvis should fill the right back role for the rest of the season for experience with Anton and JW at centre back. I would also move Demi up to the right midfield.

I’d have Chris Powell at left back - never let us down there before

Perfect chance to give the young lads a good run out ( Elvis Kyp, White, Demi ) Fans need to realize that they are young and might make mistakes but need a good run out for their futures.

Youngsters have to start to show what they are made of. Elvis and Kyp alongside experience of either Ferdinand / White and

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jay_SUFC
I would go with:

Elvis Kyp Anton Demi
Yes,definitely.
Why,in heavens name,exclude this option which has the best 4 available defenders??

ERRRRRRR ---- Probably because it doesnt actually include the very best defender we have at the club - John White.

Nobody has chosen it (I haven't either!), but 3 central defenders would allow Ferdinand to organise (which he does well) whilst being covered by White and Kyp either side. Would allow Demi to get up and down, which he enjoys and a chance to see Macca at Left Wing Back, which he has played for Forest but Powell won't have seen him play yet.

It also allows him to play 3 central midfielders - Dru, Timlin and Mantom/Wright (hopefully not Wordsworth), whilst still playing two strikers.

The only thing it doesn't do is allow any room for Kightly, but he must be due another rest in one of the games coming up!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jay_SUFC
I would go with:

Elvis Kyp Anton Demi
Yes,definitely.
Why,in heavens name,exclude this option which has the best 4 available defenders??

ERRRRRRR ---- Probably because it doesnt actually include the very best defender we have at the club - John White.

If White is our best defender we need a whole new starting back 4 next season!

Back