• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whats your point, BarnaBlue?

It's supply and demand. Clubs would charge lower prices if people weren't able to afford them. The fact that attendences at most clubs are not far off capacity most weeks suggests that the pricing point is right.

There's also more games in the Premier League than other leagues so measuring average season ticket prices is slightly misleading.

The German's probably do have this right and their recent success in the Champions League has shown that you actualy can be competative in Europe whilst at the same time keeping ticket prices down. That said, it would be a disaster for lower league football in England if you could easily get into a Premier League game for a tenner a ticket.

Whats your point, BarnaBlue?

It's supply and demand. Clubs would charge lower prices if people weren't able to afford them. The fact that attendences at most clubs are not far off capacity most weeks suggests that the pricing point is right.

There's also more games in the Premier League than other leagues so measuring average season ticket prices is slightly misleading.

The German's probably do have this right and their recent success in the Champions League has shown that you actualy can be competative in Europe whilst at the same time keeping ticket prices down. That said, it would be a disaster for lower league football in England if you could easily get into a Premier League game for a tenner a ticket.

My point is, that top flight football in Spain in the late 70's, was very much a game for middle class supporters.Since the advent of the Premier league that has also become the case in the UK too.

While I agree,in essence, with what you say about the German success story, there's no doubt,in my mind at least,that prices need to be pegged back in the Prem. for the good of the game and its supporters.

Fulham, for example, have different bands of pricing for different games.That's how they match supply to demand.

Fulham, for example, have different bands of pricing for different games.That's how they match supply to demand.

As do Arsenal. And most Premier League clubs for that matter. Arsenal charged Man City fans £62 per ticket, but two weeks earlier charged Stoke City fans circa £30 per ticket. I fail to see how Fulham are some leading light in this respect, as they're just as guilty of ramping up the pricing when it suits them.

As do Arsenal. And most Premier League clubs for that matter. Arsenal charged Man City fans £62 per ticket, but two weeks earlier charged Stoke City fans circa £30 per ticket. I fail to see how Fulham are some leading light in this respect, as they're just as guilty of ramping up the pricing when it suits them.

Certainly not a leading light but they do manage to fill Craven Cottage for most games.I take your point about other Premier clubs having a differential pricing policy but Fulham is the club I know best in the Prem.They also have a members scheme(30 quid)which allows members first pick of tickets(after SCH's)which aknowledges that most ordinary fans either 1) can't afford a season ticket these days 2)know they won't be able to go to every match but still want some sort of priority for loyal support over the years.

SU's own laughable members scheme(which was dropped a few seasons back)could well take a leaf out of Fulham's book.

Why is it anything football related you pick up on Fulham this Fulham that, Oh Fulham is so great, yet you slag off Southend :nope:

Fulham are a decent example of the way that sensible pricing can work but they're also a small club who otherwise wouldn't fill their ground.

If people can't afford to go to watch Premier League football then there are 72 other League Clubs and hundreds of Non-League clubs they could watch.

Fulham are a decent example of the way that sensible pricing can work but they're also a small club who otherwise wouldn't fill their ground.

If people can't afford to go to watch Premier League football then there are 72 other League Clubs and hundreds of Non-League clubs they could watch.

Plus they're bankrolled by a wealthy owner.

I'm not sure what the point is that BB is trying to make. Grounds are at capacity in the PL. League clubs need to look to stopping youngsters just supporting their nearest/most successful PL team, and instead need to get them through the gates of local clubs and get them enjoying live football.

As an owner surely you will charge what your fans can afford to pay ensuring 90% + of the stadium is full providing you know that you can fill your capacity. It is a business at the end of the day! Not a very profitable one for most, mind you.

Why is it anything football related you pick up on Fulham this Fulham that, Oh Fulham is so great, yet you slag off Southend :nope:

Southend and Fulham are the only English clubs I'm really interested in.Every time I go I'm always struck by how much more enjoyable the Craven Cottage experience is compared to the Roots Hall one.

Southend and Fulham are the only English clubs I'm really interested in.Every time I go I'm always struck by how much more enjoyable the Craven Cottage experience is compared to the Roots Hall one.

Maybe we should get a statue of a sex offender erected on Victoria Avenue. Brighten the place up a bit.

There was a good piece on Craven Cottage in the last issue of All At Sea. :whistling:

Back