• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Premier League vote to close transfer window earlier

Personally, i'm not to sure what to make of it & what it will achieve. Seems a bit pointless to an extent.

I like the idea of the transfer deadline ending before the season begins (in that way, all teams have to do make do with what they have purchased or sold before the season begins) but still being able to sell players abroad doesn't make much sense to me. Especially if some teams are involved in the Champions league, and more so if players continue to effectively buy themselves out of their own contract (Neymar as an example).

Surely a deadline is a deadline, and should be just that. Regardless of buying or selling.

I guess in an ideal world, Uefa would make it a European standard for all top flight leagues to open and close the transfer window on the same dates. Even it meant aligning the start / finish date of ours with La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc or of course vice versa in order to keep a fair playing field for all.

As for it being spread down the lower leagues, Perhaps to the Championship in the years to come, but I don't think it will spread to Leagues One & Two (and it wouldn't make a difference anyway).... Sadly I can't think of the last time Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus etc came knocking on Ron's door after the transfer window closed begging us for one of our players.

Makes sense to me. Players not wanting to play and waiting for a move. Get the teams established before it all kicks off.

Looks like it was voted for, and will be passed. Lets see if the rest of Europe follows suit.

Makes sense to me. Players not wanting to play and waiting for a move. Get the teams established before it all kicks off.

Except it only applies to signing in the PL, but not selling in europe.

Seems pointless because it doesn't solve the problem that teams are complaining about (players having their head turned when the season starts)

Back