• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Premisership dogfight

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
I know the Prem isn't everyones favourite league on here but despite the title race being a boring 1 horse again, the relegation dogfight is fascinating this season with the 4 bottom clubs all in with a shout of survival on the final day.

Looking at the last days fixtures, Southampton have got the toughest game against Man Ure unless Sir Alex shows the opposition no respect like he did against Norwich and West Brom where he left all the big guns on he bench, a policy that has totally backfired on him this season!

Meanwhile Charlton host Palace, Norwich travel to Fulham and West Brom host Portsmouth. All of which are games that are winnable for the bottom sides.

Who does everyone fancy to be the one side that makes it to the dry land of 17th spot?

I'm hoping it's Palace as I think Dowies one of the up and coming young managers and I'd like to see him keep them up. I know their chairman comes across like a total numpty on TV but I think it's great how he refuses to deal with agents, hopefully a policy that will catch on with the other 91 clubs!

Southampton will lose

Palace will draw

Norwich will draw

West Brom will draw

Norwich stay up and I hope they do because I like Ashton and Francis.

Also noticed Man City can make the UEFA cup if they beat Middlesbro next week. I hope Psycho gets the job full time, he's a legend! I read this week he reckons the upturn of form is because he's banned RnB music from the dressing room and replaced it with his personal choice of rousing Punk Music to get them going!

I like what Redknapp has done at Saints when he brought in so many players quickly and Crouch is quality... that said, I agree that Ashton and Francis have been superb for Naaarwich and deserve to stay up.

I really dont like Palace, so I would not shed a tear if they go and as only 1 will survive, I hope its the Saints.

Ashton -> Newcastle or Man City
Francis -> Wigan/Sunderland

I defo want Norwich to go down after the resident Norwich fan at the Office was taking the pi$$ out of us earlier for not going up
mad.gif

think norwich we get a draw and that be enough to go up
as southampton havent got a chance of beating man u with oun crouch, think west brom and palace will both draw. This relagation race is good stuff when was the last time no team was relagated coming in to the last game

I reckon Palace

Personally Norwich will get a draw, they haven't won away all season.
I fancy Palace to beat Charlton as currently even we could beat Charlton
I reckon West Brom will beat Pompey
Southampton to get a point against Man U

So Palace stay up.

Norwich will stay up thanks to a 1-0 win at Fulham. You saw it here first.

Norwich to stay up, purely to wind up the many Ipswich fans I know, seeing as they've been so kind about our recent failings!!!

Plus, Redknapp is obv former scum & looked a complete tool for walking out on Pompey to join their local rivals!

Ipswich for the Championship playoff final (well I can't cheer on Wet Spam can I?) to be defeated by Burley's Derby for me too, you can tell I'm not bitter!

Back