• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

I know it's a bit of a cheap argument but the same could have been said of the Nazis 'I'm not Jewish, why should I care?'

Trump isn't even targeting the right countries, 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, notably Saudi Arabia is not on the ban list. In fact Trump has business interests in 6 Muslim countries, oddly enough none of them are on the ban list. This seems more like a 'I'll look like I'm fighting terrorism, but only if I don't lose money over it'.

Maybe it is as you say,but the truth is Trump is the main man and what he says goes.

9/11 was weird.
OBL murder was weird.

Personally I don't trust the US with previous presidents...maybe Trump might be different,who knows.

Trump has radicalized a whole load of folks due to his idiotic actions. He's an absolute moron and made the US less safe for it's citizens in one week. He has to be reigned in or I can see it seriously kicking off in the US.

And May is spineless and should be utterly ashamed.

OMG !

Blair the poodle made the world less safe...short memory MK short memory.

please stop commenting on things if you don't care about them, people are taking time to give you information and you just shrug it off. Just plain rude.

How is that rude ?.....I commented then others replied then I commented ,what is rude about that ?

Now stop trying to sidetrack the debate,get back onside and comment without any cheap jibes toward me.

Truth is..people can offer as much info as they want...it still won't change the policy and it still doesn't effect me or the majority on here.

Since he was born in Iraq Conservative MP Nadhim Zahawi has been told by lawyers he would be denied entry into the US, which highlights how poorly thought out this ban is, the probability of a Tory MP secretly being a terrorist is pretty much zero. Mo Farah is also likely to be denied access since he was born in Somalia, and his family are currently living in America so he may not be able to see them. There's also a story of a Yale PhD student from Iran who traveled to Afghanistan as part of his research for his PhD that has now been told he's currently not allowed back in America. He's worried if this drags on he'll have to go back to Iran, where he isn't popular since he has been very vocal in the past about human rights violations Iran commits.

Since he was born in Iraq Conservative MP Nadhim Zahawi has been told by lawyers he would be denied entry into the US, which highlights how poorly thought out this ban is, the probability of a Tory MP secretly being a terrorist is pretty much zero. Mo Farah is also likely to be denied access since he was born in Somalia, and his family are currently living in America so he may not be able to see them. There's also a story of a Yale PhD student from Iran who traveled to Afghanistan as part of his research for his PhD that has now been told he's currently not allowed back in America. He's worried if this drags on he'll have to go back to Iran, where he isn't popular since he has been very vocal in the past about human rights violations Iran commits.

Zahawi was bleating this morning...Farrah has remained silent as far as I know which is very dignified.

The Beeb invited Zahawi on simply because it suits their narrative against Trump...They also had Farage on and he was constantly bullied no matter what he said.

Zahawi was bleating this morning...Farrah has remained silent as far as I know which is very dignified.

The Beeb invited Zahawi on simply because it suits their narrative against Trump...They also had Farage on and he was constantly bullied no matter what he said.

Zahawi is a politician, this is a political issue that he has first hand experience of being a victim of, why would he keep quiet over this? Strange Farage isn't being criticised by you for giving his opinion on the matter via the same medium as Zahawi, I guess people are only allowed to voice their viewpoint if it matches yours.

Maybe it is as you say,but the truth is Trump is the main man and what he says goes.

9/11 was weird.
OBL murder was weird.

Personally I don't trust the US with previous presidents...maybe Trump might be different,who knows.

Sad news about one of the Zones most popular posters

Zahawi is a politician, this is a political issue why would he keep quiet over this? Strange Farage isn't being criticised by you for giving his opinion on the matter via the same medium as Zahawi, I guess people are only allowed to voice their viewpoint if it matches yours.

Not at all,

The US have banned anyone with drug convictions from entering the country...nobody moans about that.

The ban is for 120 days so not exactly a lifetime,whilst some will be inconvenienced ,it's not the end of the world and the likes of Zahawi will no doubt be allowed in.

The people you should be blaming are Blair,Bush and the mad Merkel...these 3 lit the touch paper .

Not at all,

The US have banned anyone with drug convictions from entering the country...nobody moans about that.

The ban is for 120 days so not exactly a lifetime,whilst some will be inconvenienced ,it's not the end of the world and the likes of Zahawi will no doubt be allowed in.

The people you should be blaming are Blair,Bush and the mad Merkel...these 3 lit the touch paper .

Plenty of people do moan about the no convictions rule, but the difference there is the people affected had to actually do something of their own free will to be banned, not just have the misfortune of being born in a certain country. I don't like Blair or Bush by the way (not really sure what Merkel has done aside from the lax background checks on refugees, but that's got nothing to do with America) but it's possible to dislike more than two politicians at a time.

Not at all,

So suppose, just suppose, that you were all booked up for a trip to La Marina and the Spainish Govenment decided to block all travel by British passport holders over ownership of Gibraltar for 120 days and that order was signed just before you were about to fly with no warning.

That would be fine and dandy with you right?

Plenty of people do moan about the no convictions rule, but the difference there is the people affected had to actually do something of their own free will to be banned, not just have the misfortune of being born in a certain country. I don't like Blair or Bush by the way (not really sure what Merkel has done aside from the lax background checks on refugees, but that's got nothing to do with America) but it's possible to dislike more than two politicians at a time.

The media and many people have their knickers in a twist over the ban !

Blair invaded a Muslim country and ordered our troops to kill Muslims....this act alone made us all the target.

Merkel invited en masse over 1 million to her country without checking exactly who they were and their intentions...she failed to do this resulting in how many murders in Europe?

From the above 3 which is the one you would choose?...Trump's order gets my vote.

So suppose, just suppose, that you were all booked up for a trip to La Marina and the Spainish Govenment decided to block all travel by British passport holders over ownership of Gibraltar for 120 days and that order was signed just before you were about to fly with no warning.

That would be fine and dandy with you right?

Then I would lose money...would I be annoyed yes probably,but you won't see me crying about it.

Algeria
Maylaysia
Bangladesh
Brunei
Iran
Iraq
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Oman
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Syria
UAE
Yemen

All countries who won't let you in simply for being born in Israel. Also you would expect serious problems gaining entry if you have simply visited Israel and had a stamp in your passport.
So who's first for the "Not in my name" march through the streets?

Thought not.

Algeria
Maylaysia
Bangladesh
Brunei
Iran
Iraq
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Oman
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Syria
UAE
Yemen

All countries who won't let you in simply for being born in Israel. Also you would expect serious problems gaining entry if you have simply visited Israel and had a stamp in your passport.
So who's first for the "Not in my name" march through the streets?

Thought not.

Wonderful....the mad left have all put their hands over their eyes and are whistling loudly .

I'd wager it's because most people have the common sense and wherewithal not to equate religious beliefs with criminal convictions.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Back