• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

President Donald Trump

So uncle Donald has slapped a 25% tax on imported steel, and the mighty EU is looking to fight fire with fire, with slapping a similar percentage of tax on Harley Davidson Motorbikes!!... As if we all own one of them.

Well bugger me backwards with a bog brush... It's hardly fighting talk is it!!
I bet he isn't losing much sleep tonight!! :smile:

Don might not be losing sleep but Mr EU Creep Junker looks mighty bothered by it all. Boris said the right words publicly however this all might assist a post brexit UK/USA.

Last edited:
Trump has apparently shot himself in the foot. For every 1 steel job saved in the US, 4 construction jobs will be lost (according to the BBC).

Indeed, as with the majority of his policy decisions he's acted on his own beliefs and instincts and refused to listen to those around him. He doesn't do advise. He doesn't do recommendations. He doesn't do compromise. He sets out his domestic and foreign policies and then surrounds himself with lackeys and sycophants who are only in it for the political and financial benefits the positions afford them, regardless of their political beliefs. Although this latest policy gaff is having some serious ramifications within the Republican party.

That embassy is in West Jerusalem,which of course would still remain part of Israel in the event of any eventual two-state solution in Palestine.However, moving it now has made it impossible for America to pose as an honest broker in any future two state talks.

[video=youtube;GLfK6Ib6cXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLfK6Ib6cXI[/video]

The only difference in official policy between Trump and Clinton, Bush and Obama is that Trump is following through with his policy.

[video=youtube;GLfK6Ib6cXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLfK6Ib6cXI[/video]

The only difference in official policy between Trump and Clinton, Bush and Obama is that Trump is following through with his policy.

Not seen the wall built yet :winking:

Trump is a bit like Charge of the Light Brigade, ploughs on and leaves a trail of destruction behind him

Never his fault its those all around him or fake news. That's the problem he has made fake news laughable, when I am sure much of it is truth

UTS

Not seen the wall built yet :winking:

Trump is a bit like Charge of the Light Brigade, ploughs on and leaves a trail of destruction behind him

Never his fault its those all around him or fake news. That's the problem he has made fake news laughable, when I am sure much of it is truth

UTS

I think Israel already has a wall. :winking:

So uncle Donald has slapped a 25% tax on imported steel, and the mighty EU is looking to fight fire with fire, with slapping a similar percentage of tax on Harley Davidson Motorbikes!!... As if we all own one of them.

Well bugger me backwards with a bog brush... It's hardly fighting talk is it!!
I bet he isn't losing much sleep tonight!! :smile:

The EUs response is a political one rather than an economic one. Trade wars are in no-ones interest. The EU are targeting specific EU states to apply political pressure.

The EUs response is a political one rather than an economic one. Trade wars are in no-ones interest. The EU are targeting specific EU states to apply political pressure.

The EU (GERMANY!) will not do anything more than hot air and winge. Any action against Harley D's would be right what Donny wants; then it would be a counter action against German autos.......................and that would not end well for Bavaria.

The EU (GERMANY!) will not do anything more than hot air and winge. Any action against Harley D's would be right what Donny wants; then it would be a counter action against German autos.......................and that would not end well for Bavaria.
I think you’re missing the point somewhat. The EU aren’t looking for a fight with Trump. Retaliating in this way hopefully applies congressional pressure on Trump at a point where the midterms are already looking like a massive blue wave for the Dema.

The republicans will love it.. Germany is hamstrung . They will fold on maybe a third of what the Donald wants and life moves on..
No real issue for the U.K. we export a few hundreds of millions of pounds of steel to America .. the EU over 4 billion ?
In fact if tories weren’t kissing so much EU arse at the moment we could probably exempt ourselves under some military exempton..

Trump has apparently shot himself in the foot. For every 1 steel job saved in the US, 4 construction jobs will be lost (according to the BBC).
Id like to see the math for that ...

Chinese steel dumping is the real problem. Donald is happy to make the world pay the right price for steel. Not government subsidised steel

I think you’re missing the point somewhat. The EU aren’t looking for a fight with Trump. Retaliating in this way hopefully applies congressional pressure on Trump at a point where the midterms are already looking like a massive blue wave for the Dema.
I understood the point from the outset. The EU will carry on bullying the UK (and especially NI) over trade/Brexit; BUT will sulk and climb down when fronted by the Big Bully Donald.
I expect NATO defense spending % of GDP to be soon back on Donald's agenda which will also be a huge NON LIKE from the main EU "players" who aren't payers.

So there I am this morning watching Kim and Trumpy on Breakfast TV creating supposedly exciting stuff on the Korean Peninsular with the obligatory handshakes. My first thought looking at them was 'Christ, who does their hair, the council?'. No doubt Donald has saved the day and the free world with it. The rest of the G7 Nations should be grateful we have him on board.:winking:

The EU puts a 10% tariff on imported cars but the US only has 2.5%. Looks like big Don has a point

So there I am this morning watching Kim and Trumpy on Breakfast TV creating supposedly exciting stuff on the Korean Peninsular with the obligatory handshakes. My first thought looking at them was 'Christ, who does their hair, the council?'. No doubt Donald has saved the day and the free world with it. The rest of the G7 Nations should be grateful we have him on board.:winking:

It makes you wonder why the most powerful man in the world is bigging up one of the maddest who uses flame throwers on his uncle and imprisons his own people in concentration camps. Mind you, Trump will probably change his warped mind tomorrow.

If (back of the queue) barrack had pulled off this diplomatic coup the bbc would be clamouring for a nobel peace prize .. as it’s big Don they can barely acknowledge the fact without whining about nothing being settled yet..

If (back of the queue) barrack had pulled off this diplomatic coup the bbc would be clamouring for a nobel peace prize .. as it’s big Don they can barely acknowledge the fact without whining about nothing being settled yet..

N Korea has promised to denuclearise a lot of times. Well see if it actually happens!

Almost certainly. But the point remains. If Clinton or Obama had made the trip the BBC would have been wetting it’s pants in excitement .. unfortunately they didn’t have the political balls

Back