• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'President Putin 'probably' approved Litvinenko murder'

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
So says the Independent enquiry in Litvinenko's death of a few years back. Pretty strong stuff to explicitly name Putin as probably being involved. I doubt many will be surprised but the direct link in his death to the Russian President is unusual. No doubt our relations with Russia will see a distinct up turn as a result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35370819

What's going to happen? Nothing, that what. Putin can do what the f*ck he wants as noone in the west will **** with him. The man is as reprehensible as that fat pig in North Korea and the sooner he croaks the better.

What's going to happen? Nothing, that what. Putin can do what the f*ck he wants as noone in the west will **** with him. The man is as reprehensible as that fat pig in North Korea and the sooner he croaks the better.

Hmmmm Putin isn't the poodle of the West and does his own thing,good or bad.

The West wants rid of Assad who is the official leader yet Putin backs him.
Secret agent poisoned in London and the West probably reckons Putin ordered the hit.

Propaganda MK.

Hmmmm Putin isn't the poodle of the West and does his own thing,good or bad.

The West wants rid of Assad who is the official leader yet Putin backs him.
Secret agent poisoned in London and the West probably reckons Putin ordered the hit.

Propaganda MK.

Ukraine????

I thought these were the sort of places you admire being anti capitalist, royal family etc

I thought these were the sort of places you admire being anti capitalist, royal family etc

Being fair,

MK isn't sure on what he wants,I think he wants to live in a mystery world where gold bullion grows on trees and everyone is equal,nobody works and everyone has the compulsory week end down at Bognor:winking:

Being fair,

MK isn't sure on what he wants,I think he wants to live in a mystery world where gold bullion grows on trees and everyone is equal,nobody works and everyone has the compulsory week end down at Bognor:winking:

As George V said, "Bugger Bognor."

It's really not a very nice place.I can still remember an awful holiday I had at Butlin's there as a kid.

I had hoped this thread may have got a bit of genuine opinion and discussion before it got hijacked by the bollox brigade. Fat chance eh?

Putin is much the same as any other Western leader. Gains votes by bombing muslims, has the media in his pocket. The only difference is that he could get a world cup for his country, which I'm sure the bid was all above board.

Putin is much the same as any other Western leader. Gains votes by bombing muslims, has the media in his pocket. The only difference is that he could get a world cup for his country, which I'm sure the bid was all above board.

When we were awarded the Olympics it was "against the run of play" with Paris in the lead. Whether you like it or not the clincher was the weekend of lobbying by Tony Blair to the entire IOC. He worked his knackers off to get the UK the Olympics. The French delegation were really upset that their president made no effort, and IIRC only turned up just before the vote.

With that in mind there can only be one reason why Putin didn't feel the need to put the effort in to ensure Russia weren't pipped at the post for the WC. It can only really be because he had already paid for enough votes for it to be a foregone conclusion.

When we were awarded the Olympics it was "against the run of play" with Paris in the lead. Whether you like it or not the clincher was the weekend of lobbying by Tony Blair to the entire IOC. He worked his knackers off to get the UK the Olympics. The French delegation were really upset that their president made no effort, and IIRC only turned up just before the vote.

With that in mind there can only be one reason why Putin didn't feel the need to put the effort in to ensure Russia weren't pipped at the post for the WC. It can only really be because he had already paid for enough votes for it to be a foregone conclusion.

Tone also lied about Iraq !

Back to Putin,

As Rigsby stated ,every leader has his/hers own agenda which is mainly looking good for the voters,Putin is No different except he probably tells the truth more times than not.

This enquiry was led by Sir Robert Owen, a respected High Court Judge. Sir Robert wrote:

"Taking full account of all the evidence and analysis available to me, I find that the FSB operation to kill Litvinenko was probably approved by Mr Patrushev and also by President Putin,"

That's a pretty damning statement of a World leader and not one you see every day. Let's see whether the Government now have the gonads to do anything which amounts to sanctions, or just wring their hands and say it's not fair. After all Litvinenko was in the process of being offered British Citizenship when he was topped, and was assisting MI6.

This enquiry was led by Sir Robert Owen, a respected High Court Judge. Sir Robert wrote:

"Taking full account of all the evidence and analysis available to me, I find that the FSB operation to kill Litvinenko was probably approved by Mr Patrushev axnd also by President Putin,"

That's a pretty damning statement of a World leader and not one you see every day. Let's see whether the Government now have the gonads to do anything which amounts to sanctions, or just wring their hands and say it's not fair. After all Litvinenko was in the process of being offered British Citizenship when he was topped, and was assisting MI6.

What exactly do you think the government should do then.

What exactly do you think the government should do then.

If I knew the answer to that I would be a politician, and I'm not. But if the Leader of a foreign country apparently approves the murder of a 'British national' I don't think it is acceptable to do nothing. Current members of the Government, specifically, Theresa May, will have to decide what's to be done, and I have no doubt there will be a lot of pressure for her to do something. The likelihood is that it will be financial sanctions, which may hurt Russia commercially. Until the next steps are announced we won't know.

This isn't particularly surprising, wasn't the whole reason he defected to us because he'd didn't like how since Putin had taken over the KGB had started being used as a hit squad?

If I knew the answer to that I would be a politician, and I'm not. But if the Leader of a foreign country apparently approves the murder of a 'British national' I don't think it is acceptable to do nothing. Current members of the Government, specifically, Theresa May, will have to decide what's to be done, and I have no doubt there will be a lot of pressure for her to do something. The likelihood is that it will be financial sanctions, which may hurt Russia commercially. Until the next steps are announced we won't know.

Hmmm,

Probably ordered it !,

So you think diplomatic relations should be soured further still by accusing another leader of probable murder and handing out even more sanctions.

I am glad you are not a politician because WW3 springs to mind.

If we carry on like this with Putin he might end up having a public inquiry in Russia over the death of Dr David Kelly.

Back