• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'President Putin 'probably' approved Litvinenko murder'

I never claimed they were innocent tourists.

That’s why I’m asking what we’re they really up to, for who and why.

What I do know is the authorities and the government knew from day 1 that they were not dealing with the worlds most deadly nerve agent.

Lol, you forgot you said this in reply to MK.

Two Russian Military Intellegence identified as suspects.

Chances of nicking them - zilch.
Chances of them actually being Russians agents or poisoning anyone in Salisbury - Zilch

It must be "fun" on these conspiracy/Brexit forums. I bet the Venn diagram would be interesting. :Hilarious:

I really don't understand why Russia would try to kill someone off by using a nerve agent. Would it not be easier if you wanted to get rid of someone to make it look like and accident or bungled robbery etc. No one would of batted an eyelid. Especially as the nerve agent didn't work. Just seems a pointless exercise with no end game.

I really don't understand why Russia would try to kill someone off by using a nerve agent. Would it not be easier if you wanted to get rid of someone to make it look like and accident or bungled robbery etc. No one would of batted an eyelid. Especially as the nerve agent didn't work. Just seems a pointless exercise with no end game.

I read somewhere that it's more terrifying and a deterrent for agents thinking of defecting. Knowing that they can touch something, or be jabbed by an umbrella or anything and be poisoned by a nerve agent. Just by going about their daily business in their new country. They also use the target to be poisoned as a test to get the nerve agent through other counties customs, and to see how effective it works on a human. You're right, if they really wanted someone dead, there are much easier means and no need to smuggle anything.

It’s quite simple. Firstly they don’t really care if they are found out, in terms of legal justice or reprisals. It is quite useful for them to get the message across to western governments that they can act with impunity on our soil.

But, much more importantly, Skripal is not the ultimate recipient of the message the Russian government is sending. He is merely the proxy. Yes, they are happy to bump him off but what they really want to do is warn the rest of their intelligence community not to ‘betray’ the Putin mafia by engaging with foreign intelligence as this is what happens when you do. A quiet, nobody noticed, accidental death would not do this critical task which is the whole point of the action.

I feel sorry for Putin. £billions spent on secret chemical weapons programnes over the last few decades.... can’t kill his 2 targets and his agents are the worst in history.

Likewise poor old Asad.... He targets his own people with chlorine gas and only kills 3 out of 75 people hiding in a basement.

For those of you that know your Chemistry or WW1 History, you will know that the gas is heavier than air. So when the Tommies ducked down in the trenches that was worst place to be. It’s designed to attack any moisture in the body, so eyes and lungs desolve. When the Germans first released it on the Western front in 1915 there were 10,000 casualties on the first day because back then they had no gas masks.

Yet Syrians interviewed just days later were in perfect health. The reporter did say their cloths smelt of swimming pools (so we can all make the connection).....mmmmm

Back