• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Preston penalty??

secondalibi

Coach
Just a quick question. Peter Clarke was booked in the first half and then gave away the penalty on 79 mins for handball. My question is simple. A penalty or a free kick can ONLY be given for handball is the offence is deliberate. Therefore if it was deilberate handball....why wasn't he booked again and then sent off???? To be honest I don't really care now after such a massive win, but has the ref got it wrong and have we AT LAST!! got a little bit lucky with a decision???. However, was it even a penalty in the first place????

UP THE BLUES!!!!!

- G

Spoke to a pal who went today and he didn't have any qualms about the penola, just one of them things sometimes.

Listening to the radio it sounds as if Hammell should have been sent off when it was 2-1 Preston for rugby tackling Nugent after he'd rounded Flahavan.

As it was he only got booked, Preston didn't score from the free-kick but our midfielders finally turned up to give us a crucial 3 points.

Listening to the radio it sounds as if Hammell should have been sent off when it was 2-1 Preston for rugby tackling Nugent after he'd rounded Flahavan.

As it was he only got booked, Preston didn't score from the free-kick but our midfielders finally turned up to give us a crucial 3 points.

Scriv suggested on the radio that Hammell wasn't the last man so the yellow was the right decision.

Just a quick question. Peter Clarke was booked in the first half and then gave away the penalty on 79 mins for handball. My question is simple. A penalty or a free kick can ONLY be given for handball is the offence is deliberate. Therefore if it was deilberate handball....why wasn't he booked again and then sent off???? To be honest I don't really care now after such a massive win, but has the ref got it wrong and have we AT LAST!! got a little bit lucky with a decision???. However, was it even a penalty in the first place????

UP THE BLUES!!!!!

- G

Any freekick for handball requires the offence to be deliberate. However every deliberate handball (i.e all of them) does not result in a caution. If the handball denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity, it's a red card. Otherwise a yellow would only be shown if the referee had deemed it unsporting behaviour.

Todays penalty was reminicent of the one given against us verses Sheffield.
It was hard to tell if Hammel was the last man from where i was sat.

he guys it dont matter. Bout time we got something going our way this season.
Bring on Barnsley.

Hammell - what a hero

Nice to see Hammel taking note of these boards and chopping the striker down after what i said he should've done against the scum on friday for their second goal.

All praise to yer Hammel,you took one for the team today even though you risked getting sent off.

Other people on here said of the Cureton incident that Hammel was trying to cover two players at once which was true but if he was marking much tighter when the ball got pumped forward he could have chopped Cureton down then and given everyone a chance to get back.

Anyway,respect to you Stevie H........and keep on scything 'em down my son!

Other people on here said of the Cureton incident that Hammel was trying to cover two players at once

Today he didn't have to mark two players for ninety minutes as he didn't have the recent liability Sodje playing next to him. According to reports, that no doubt played a big part in him looking much better in todays match too.

Back