• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pretty proud record for such a small club

stewart

Striker
I was thinking ( thats dangerous Stewart ,stop it ) for a small club we have a pretty good record against European champions something to be very proud of in fact.
and we are a small club compared to them, all this is by memory ,please feel free to correct me if im wrong .If my memory serves me correct we have played Manchester Utd once for a win,Chelsea twice for a draw and a loss, Liverpooli think 5 times for 1 win , 2 draws and 2 losses, Not sure how many times we have played Nottingham Forest, but im sure at sometime we must have ,can add Manchester City once for a loss but as of yet they still to be crowned European Champions, dont think we have played any of the Italian sides or Dutch sides that have won european champions league or Real Madrid ,but i do believe we played a friendly against Barcelona B or C team for a loss . all in all that for a small club compared to them is a pretty proud record, If i missed any please enlighten me. I have written all this to hopefully reignite the love for my club amongst those that are losing there love for it in these bad times .We maybe small but we do have a proud history .COYB.

We've also beaten European Cup winners Villa too.

You mentioned Forest in your original post, Stewart, and we did beat them in early October 2005 (at RH, Freddy coming off the bench to score late on).

Don’t forget how we hammered 1969 Inter-Cities Fairs Cup winners Newcastle who included our own Dave Elliot and Alan Foggan.

And we got one over 1965 European Cup Winners Cup Winners thanks to Stan and Brett.

Back