• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

<I wonder if it might be coming Penzance way in a few weeks? Don't want to spoil any surprise(s), but...<

Doh.Just re-read your post(NOT a hit btw)and realised you're angling for a birthday present!
As far as I'm aware(see above posts)the first print run of MLAAS has now(nearly) sold out.Is it still available online?

The first print of Pete's book was a runaway success and has now sold out and before Pete and ourselves commit to a new print run we would like to know of orders required for Xmas?

We do not want to let people down with copies, so need to have a rough idea of pre-sales required.

<The first print of Pete's book was a runaway success and has now sold out and before Pete and ourselves commit to a new print run we would like to know of orders required for Xmas?<

Cricko,
I ordered a copy of the book online earlier today for my brother as a birthday present.I trust that order will be fulfilled?
Worried,
Barcelona.

<The first print of Pete's book was a runaway success and has now sold out and before Pete and ourselves commit to a new print run we would like to know of orders required for Xmas?<

Cricko,
I ordered a copy of the book online earlier today for my brother as a birthday present.I trust that order will be fulfilled?
Worried,
Barcelona.

No problem BB your order has been fulfilled.:)

<No problem BB your order has been fulfilled.<

Cricko,
Many thanks kind sir.A cheerful note on a depressing day for all Blues fans.Had a nice pm message from Pete this am before he went to Bristol.
I hope the second print run of the book does well in the run up to Xmas.It deserves too.It's an excellent read.

'My Life As A Shrimper' discourse (recent notes)

Thanks for resolving this issue gentlemen & apologies to the SZ 'founding fathers' for my debut note being of a family focus, but hey aren't we all one big 'Shrimper Family' here? Wasn't able to get to BR today- am currently 'on call' awaiting the requests of the needy & distressed in West Cornwall- but managed to assuage some of my own pain at today's events by having some access to the Match Thread; it helps knowing that there's a Shrimper Family out there. Lou Reed once wrote/sang about 'Magic and Loss' - a timely reminder of the joys & sorrows that constitute this football family life. We'll be back- & soon, I hope!!

Last edited:
Hey bro'- this is my debut offering on SZ, so thought it apt to reply to one of your hits... this sounds pretty fine, I wonder if it might be coming Penzance way in a few weeks? Don't want to spoil any surprise(s), but...
ATB, 'Shrimpero'

Well, this is where I came in a year ago tomorrow and it seems an appropriate place to put post no. 2,000. I thoroughly enjoyed DoDtS' journeys supporting the Blues and I would recommend it to any Southend fan wanting to know how away travel has evolved over the years. There is a genuinely moving tribute to a Blues fan and friend of the author whose life is celebrated by an annual away beano and reminiscences of some great and grim times supporting our beloved club. It brought back many a memory for me, and DoDtS' work prompted me to do my own bit of scribing on away travel in the 'On The Road Again' thread, but please don't hold him responsible for my demented ramblings...

Hope this helps start a new print-run for Xmas, Pete! :)

I have a "musical" book in mind for this year's prezzy Rob although Whatever Happened to Tina Fillery(A selection of short Football stories) by Blues supporter Brian Jeeves is an excellent read and available (for anyone interested)at:-
www.ShrimpersTrust.co.uk
:)
ps For anyone who hasn't read it I'd just like to say that Pete's "My Life as a Shrimper" is an excellent read and a must have book for all literate Blues fans on those long away trips like Carlisle etc!

Last edited:
Back