• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pricing for next season

With revenue dropping how can we realistically drop prices and compete.Rons budget will rely on high pricing for the die hards

If we keep prices somewhere similar to last year crowds will plummet.

Better to have twice as many in the ground and try and sell more beer, and food etc than half as many (if that).

I won't be paying out anywhere near £300 for a season card. I never got my £80 credit from the last time.

So many fans sitting on the fence at the moment. Pricing will help make a lot of minds up and allow the club to budget much better.

I think you'll be disappointed with the season ticket prices for next season.

Daggers had adult tickets at £335-390 for adults last season.

At £300 you'll probably get 3-3.2k people I reckon. Think that's a drop of 6-400 from this year?

I can't see the club offering cheap tickets next season. All entertainment venues seem to have upped their prices for future events. Racecourses and music venues being two. All need to make some money due to being hit by this awful pandemic.

Prices for an adult season ticket this season were £370. They were £395 the season before.

Aldershot, Chesterfield, Dagenham & Redbridge, Kings Lynn, Stockport, and Wrexham had higher prices than that last season.

I'd expect a £30-40 reduction at most.

If we keep prices somewhere similar to last year crowds will plummet.

Better to have twice as many in the ground and try and sell more beer, and food etc than half as many (if that).

I won't be paying out anywhere near £300 for a season card. I never got my £80 credit from the last time.

So many fans sitting on the fence at the moment. Pricing will help make a lot of minds up and allow the club to budget much better.
Totally agree with you ,but as someone before gave examples in economic terms the smaller higher priced gate earns more.
Without a sub from FF can't see how we will compete

At £300 you'll probably get 3-3.2k people I reckon. Think that's a drop of 6-400 from this year?

Based on previous seasons, with our first season back in league 2 having an average attendance of 5,344, I think we would have seen about 4,500 to 5,000 attend this year, possibly even lower given the horrible start to the season.

Depending on how we are performing next season could see crowds of around 4,000 if near the top or 2,000 if struggling near the bottom.

Average Attendance by season:
2010/11 - 5,344
2011/12 - 5,970
2012/13 - 5,003
2013/14 - 5,960
2014/15 - 6,024
2015/16 - 7,001 (first season back in league 1)
2016/17 - 7,406
2017/18 - 7,195
2018/19 - 6,932
2019/20 - 6,192

Based on previous seasons, with our first season back in league 2 having an average attendance of 5,344, I think we would have seen about 4,500 to 5,000 attend this year, possibly even lower given the horrible start to the season.

Depending on how we are performing next season could see crowds of around 4,000 if near the top or 2,000 if struggling near the bottom.

Average Attendance by season:
2010/11 - 5,344
2011/12 - 5,970
2012/13 - 5,003
2013/14 - 5,960
2014/15 - 6,024
2015/16 - 7,001 (first season back in league 1)
2016/17 - 7,406
2017/18 - 7,195
2018/19 - 6,932
2019/20 - 6,192

If be amazed if crowds drop that low.

I think so much depends on the meetings with Ron and Stan and CEO and also a manager being place and intent stated to sign players.

If Ron rolls with Stan and its all positive and Brown gets appointed it will breed positivity.

If Ron fails to engage and doesn't appoint a manager and gives no indications of budget or stability plan etc then take up will be ridiculously low.

If the prices stay the same then I can see barely 1000 will sign up. I definitely won't.

23 teams in National League - so one less game in a season ticket compared to League 1 and 2

I think so much depends on the meetings with Ron and Stan and CEO and also a manager being place and intent stated to sign players.

If Ron rolls with Stan and its all positive and Brown gets appointed it will breed positivity.

If Ron fails to engage and doesn't appoint a manager and gives no indications of budget or stability plan etc then take up will be ridiculously low.

If the prices stay the same then I can see barely 1000 will sign up. I definitely won't.

All the fans I know that are long term season card holders and loyal will be signing up. A few angry comments on here are not a true reflection.

Not you Tommy but some have sneered at them but all of us should be grateful because without those guys over the decades we would never even had a team or the good times. Without them we wont be able to come back.

I am not sure that the club can drop the price too much but would think £299 would be fair - what they could do is add some value to holding a season ticket - how about a free pint before each game (or something like that), get some local business discounts etc

I paid £250 my season ticket as an old fart and, to be fair, it's been much more expensive as I've watched probably15+ away games on iFollow.

I wouldn't be surprised if prices stay as they are BUT it would be great to think the club might consider a goodwill small rebate to s/t holders if average crowd numbers are better than expected overall come end of January. I'll get me straitjacket!! ?

Agreed however I want more than a CEO and a manager but it's a start. As a bare minimum I expect players paid on time and no missed tax payments. Seeing as Ron has proved impossible to trust I wont be getting a season ticket unless he sells the club. Looks like away games only.

Seeing as Ron has proved impossible to trust I wont be getting a season ticket unless he sells the club. Looks like away games only.

I'd imagine you'll have a problem getting a ticket for most of the 'local' away games. Reason being as many grounds are somewhat smaller than ours, our ticket allocation will be a lot less, than what we've been used to.
And obviously when they go on sale, it will be STH who get first priority to purchase them.

I'd imagine you'll have a problem getting a ticket for most of the 'local' away games. Reason being as many grounds are somewhat smaller than ours, our ticket allocation will be a lot less, than what we've been used to.
And obviously when they go on sale, it will be STH who get first priority to purchase them.
Not necessarily. The Trust are working with the Club to try and organise some sort of priority system for those regular away travellers, it's something we've been trying to do for a season or two, and Gavin, the previous Ticket Office Manager was working on it, but obviously events overtook that with the pandemic and him leaving.

It's on the record in Liaison Meeting minutes.

But, hey, you know, the Trust don't do anything........ ?

I paid £250 my season ticket as an old fart and, to be fair, it's been much more expensive as I've watched probably15+ away games on iFollow.

I wouldn't be surprised if prices stay as they are BUT it would be great to think the club might consider a goodwill small rebate to s/t holders if average crowd numbers are better than expected overall come end of January. I'll get me straitjacket!! ?
I qualified as an ‘old fart’ last season (after 3 decades of having a seaso) and I haven’t had my money back either. Depending on the offer I am seriously considering my options for next season and might cherrypick games depending on performances.

Hold on im just looking down the back of the Sofa for next seasons ticket ?

I see Southend are still classing senior fans as 60+, Colchester along with many other clubs raised that to 65+ several years ago, so you may find that changes next season

Back