• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pricing for next season

Looking back, we had a period of very low crowds from the mid 90s to the early 00s.

The period of Tilly, Sturrock, PB helped to sustain a healthy fan base and decent season card numbers.

Even for the last few years we have been blessed with great support despite being absolute garbage.

It's insane to think that the last time most of us attended we were in league 1 and the next in the national league.

The next seasons pricing will be massively important.

Let's be honest we have a relatively large stadium by conference standards and with little away support to visit, it would be great to try and maximise numbers with better costing.

Unfortunately I can see Ron keeping season card prices high and matchday prices equally as high.

It would be great to really price well to encourage 5k season cards in place.

Adults £199
OAP/16-21/services £149
Under 16 £99
Under 8s £39 with a full paying adult.

Matchday prices £22

This would really incentivise a big take up as it would work out very good value.
Your having a laugh no way am I paying £22 for that standard of football!! Absolutely crazy and cant be justified!!

Your having a laugh no way am I paying £22 for that standard of football!! Absolutely crazy and cant be justified!!

I think you will find a great deal of clubs in that league do charge £22 for national, some more and some less.

This is why I posted about getting the money in and selling season cards for a reasonable price. Make it difficult to justify not buying one etc.

22 quid does seem a lot for non league football.. i would have have thought 10-15 was more realistic, cant see any casuals spening 22 quid to go to roots hall, sit behind a post and watch soluhill moors.

That said, if we are playing good football and near the top people will come to be entertained and experience that feeling we've been missing for years, winning.

I really think season cards for next season should be around the £300 mark, if they put advance tickets for home games at £23 and fans that turn up on the day at £25 which may seem a bit much I’d be happy to pay this, might encourage folk to pay for a season card, if a season card was £300 I’d buy one even tho I’d only make around 8-9 home games, I’d go to a few away games also.

22 quid does seem a lot for non league football.. i would have have thought 10-15 was more realistic, cant see any casuals spening 22 quid to go to roots hall, sit behind a post and watch soluhill moors.

That said, if we are playing good football and near the top people will come to be entertained and experience that feeling we've been missing for years, winning.
That’ll never happen, a lot of national league teams charge league football prices and you can bet when Southend United turn up at away grounds they will put a extra £1 on the usual price of a ticket.

That’ll never happen, a lot of national league teams charge league football prices and you can bet when Southend United turn up at away grounds they will put a extra £1 on the usual price of a ticket.

We aren't Barcelona ffs.

There are plenty of former league clubs.

Some smaller clubs will not doubt charge £16 or so for **** terracing etc but most will charge £20+

I'd be interested to see the average Matchday ticket price in the national league and the average season card price.

Your probably right. But its stupid imo Id rather see 2000 at 10 quid then 1000 at 20

We aren't Barcelona ffs.

Some smaller clubs will not doubt charge £16 or so for **** terracing etc but most will charge £20+

I'd be interested to see the average Matchday ticket price in the national league and the average season card price.
If we go to a away game next season and a ticket is under £20 I’d be amazed, some Essex senior league clubs charge £10-12 to get in and even more when it’s the first qualifying round of the FA cup and that’s in front of 100-150 fans :Sad:

Eastleigh – £150
Salford City – £150
Sutton United – £159
Maidenhead United – £175
Leyton Orient – £179
Boreham Wood – £200
Wrexham – £212
AFC Fylde – £230
Havant & Waterlooville – £230
Solihull Moors – £230
Bromley – £245
Gateshead – £260
Barnet – £264
Barrow – £270
Maidstone United – £270
Harrogate Town – £277
Braintree – £299
Hartlepool United – £299
Ebbsfleet United – £320
Aldershot Town – £335
Dagenham & Redbridge – £335
Chesterfield – £336
Dover Athletic – £340
FC Halifax Town – £340

These are the only price lists I could find for the national league, which i believe is from the 18/19 season.

Note that Orient sold season cards for £179!!

We aren't Barcelona ffs.

I think pricing varies a lot and most clubs offer early bird incentives on season tickets. This site gives you some idea of what some of the bigger clubs charge. https://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/leagues/national-league/

Eastleigh – £150
Salford City – £150
Sutton United – £159
Maidenhead United – £175
Leyton Orient – £179
Boreham Wood – £200
Wrexham – £212
AFC Fylde – £230
Havant & Waterlooville – £230
Solihull Moors – £230
Bromley – £245
Gateshead – £260
Barnet – £264
Barrow – £270
Maidstone United – £270
Harrogate Town – £277
Braintree – £299
Hartlepool United – £299
Ebbsfleet United – £320
Aldershot Town – £335
Dagenham & Redbridge – £335
Chesterfield – £336
Dover Athletic – £340
FC Halifax Town – £340

These are the only price lists I could find for the national league, which i believe is from the 18/19 season.

Note that Orient sold season cards for £179!!
So our prices will be rather competitive eh:Thumbs up:

People say they won't pay x for non-league football, but the standard of football in the National League really isn't too much different from League Two these days.

I think we are quite lucky in that a season ticket costs x no matter where you sit in the stadium (unless it's a restricted view seat and I think it's cheaper?)

Whilst some clubs may charge £150 - £200 how much is that the very cheapest ticket and is there a maximum price (ignoring box tickets and seats with cushions)

I see Southend are still classing senior fans as 60+, Colchester along with many other clubs raised that to 65+ several years ago,[/B] so you may find that changes next season

Espanyol do that do in Spain (though at 69) hasn't stopped me being a season card holder for over 20 years or enjoying a cheap ticket at Roots Hall when I can .

£20 a game

£300 a season ticket

Seem fair?

I would go lower. Firstly, I think that's the least the club can do after the dross served up for the last 3 seasons and considering we've dropped yet another division. Secondly, it could be a good way to maintain or even grow (if we're decent) home attendances. If some big changes in the way the club operates are made and the drop in ticket prices coincides with the rebuilding of the relationship between the club and the fanbase/local community, then we could do a Lincoln/Luton/Oxford and come back up with higher average attendances than we had in the last few seasons. Build some loyalty. See if we can keep the average attendances above 5,000 next season (if combined with progress on the pitch) and perhaps back above 7 or 8,000 if/when we get back into League 2.

Using just adult season ticket prices as an example: perhaps something like £269 for renewals by a mid-June date, £289 for new purchases by a mid-July date, and £325 for any purchased after that mid-July date.

Back