• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pricing for next season

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Looking back, we had a period of very low crowds from the mid 90s to the early 00s.

The period of Tilly, Sturrock, PB helped to sustain a healthy fan base and decent season card numbers.

Even for the last few years we have been blessed with great support despite being absolute garbage.

It's insane to think that the last time most of us attended we were in league 1 and the next in the national league.

The next seasons pricing will be massively important.

Let's be honest we have a relatively large stadium by conference standards and with little away support to visit, it would be great to try and maximise numbers with better costing.

Unfortunately I can see Ron keeping season card prices high and matchday prices equally as high.

It would be great to really price well to encourage 5k season cards in place.

Adults £199
OAP/16-21/services £149
Under 16 £99
Under 8s £39 with a full paying adult.

Matchday prices £22

This would really incentivise a big take up as it would work out very good value.

I was thinking about this the other day and I thought around £200 would be a fair price. I bet it won't be though.

If a season ticket is going to cost £199, there is no way a single match ticket is going to be as high as £22. I usually only get to go to about 10 home games a season due to work.. it would therefore be cheaper for me to buy a season ticket and miss the rest of the games than to buy individual match tickets.

I’d like to think though that prices will be low, or certainly lower than what they have been here over the last couple of seasons to match the level we are playing in.

Reactions: fbm

Trying to find some information regarding ticket prices in the league but obviously due to the current “behind closed doors” situation, it’s proving difficult to find any. I did however stumble across this article regarding Kings Lynn and how they wanted to charge £300/£500 depending on where in the ground you sit for an adult season ticket. It’s safe to say that decision didn’t go down to well with the fans.

I think adult season tickets will be about £350 next season and maybe a small discount or incentive for fans who who paid for a season ticket this season

We won't be charging £199. Bradford can do that because they have a bigger stadium so can lower the cost. I'd expect it to be £300. £15 advance, £17 on the day

If a season ticket is going to cost £199, there is no way a single match ticket is going to be as high as £22. I usually only get to go to about 10 home games a season due to work.. it would therefore be cheaper for me to buy a season ticket and miss the rest of the games than to buy individual match tickets.

I’d like to think though that prices will be low, or certainly lower than what they have been here over the last couple of seasons to match the level we are playing in.

I guess that's exactly the idea. The cheaper the matchday ticket the less incentive to make the commitment of buying a ST - which presumably work best for club in terms of certainty of revenue. Could throw in discounts on club shirt / merchandise / food etc for ST holders if you needed to stretch the prices above by another 10-15%.

I don't find myself agreeing with Tommy2Holes very often but 100% do on the theory behind this.

That's exactly the point to be honest.

Why pay for individual tickets when it makes more sense to buy a season card.

That way the club can plan much better.

Incentives for getting youngsters in is also good for selling hotdogs and drinks as most adults buy the kids food and drink.

We won't be charging £199. Bradford can do that because they have a bigger stadium so can lower the cost. I'd expect it to be £300. £15 advance, £17 on the day

I'd agree but in this division we have 8 or 9k home seats to sell. Having 5 or 6k in season cards would be the right way to go. It also would lend itself perfectly to great deals like bring a friend for £12

Adults £199
OAP/16-21/services £149
Under 16 £99
Under 8s £39 with a full paying adult.

Matchday prices £22

This would really incentivise a big take up as it would work out very good value.
Under 16's were £80 last season and Under 8's £20
Why would you increase those prices and reduce the adult prices by nearly 50%?

Under 16's were £80 last season and Under 8's £20
Why would you increase those prices and reduce the adult prices by nearly 50%?

It was just a suggestion to look at ways on getting people into the stadium.

Having purchased neither of those age group cards before, I had no idea of pricing but you catch my drift.

With revenue dropping how can we realistically drop prices and compete.Rons budget will rely on high pricing for the die hards

Back