• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pride, passion and I can't hear the fat lady....

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
the reality check came crashing in when the awful Barnsley team left RH with the points and all the SUFC weaknesses were exposed but .....

we are the smallest and poorest club in the league (Col U are heavily financed, Luton have a long history at this level plus have millions from player
sales,) and this is just two years on from league 2 and extinction -

there is a special magic about this and about the fact our manager and some of our players are truly homegrown, that we still have players who played in for the shirt in league two and league one, that we recruit from clubs like
Blackpool, Yeovil, Motherwell, that we believe in playing proper football rather than the hoof it down the channels and get some-one a bit sharp to run after it - that we believe in players with ability to play and entertain like JCR, that we haven't behaved like a demented credit card mentalist and spent beyond our means -

sure - our keeper is a bit small and we have relied on the gypsy king a bit too
much, and our squad is way too thin, and the manager might have been a bit paralysed in the headlights sometimes - BUT I reckon this season every single
Shrimper has had reason to be proud of the club and its performances -

AND we are competing with clubs who spend millions on players and millions
on wages and have payments from the premier****e and little old Southend United, a club who's traditions are largely in the 3th and 4th tiers of the football league has a fought out a great season in the Championship against monster clubs like sunderland, birmingham etc etc -

AND its not all over yet ......

At the start of December we all thought we'd be down by March, 10 points away from safety and not looking remotely like winning.

At least we've kept the season interesting till near the end!

I heard the fat lady singing in the Spread after the game.
Or was it Ken.
No, actually, it was Ken.

no, not really?! made me smile when i read that. But the rest of the post is uplifting!

I think they are quietly bankrolled, actually. They make a fairly decent loss each year which is covered by the Chairman and the Board. They certainly don't get enough in in gate receipts to cover their wages, etc - though flogging wotsit to Reading will have helped.

I think they are quietly bankrolled, actually. They make a fairly decent loss each year which is covered by the Chairman and the Board. They certainly don't get enough in in gate receipts to cover their wages, etc - though flogging wotsit to Reading will have helped.

Yep,from what i've been told the last chairman had many monies owing to him,took the Chelski reciepts as a debt cleared and sold up for a quid.

Still think the Wet Spammer who bought it paid over the odds

Back