• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prince Harry to Iraq

This is terrible news, our squad is already small enough... blah ...Ron Martin open your wallet.... blah.... Tilly out.....

Harry will be nowhere near danger, like Prince Andrew in the Falklands, onboard the only ship that wasn't attacked or remotley near danger, he flew in a helicopter near a ship that had been torpedoed and the Scum called him a hero.

Good luck on Harry though, I like him, he's a real man behind that posh pretence he's been forced to swallow.

I feel sorry for the 7,000 odd service personnel who will join him in Sandpit no1. It's dangerous enough as it is out there. It's about to get a whole lot worse for them.......

Last edited:
When he is out on patrol will all the little Iraqi children be given little Union Jacks to wave as he goes past?

Perhaps the Iraqis can line the ******* up against a wall and shoot him! In fact, if they can do the rest of his family in, i'd be tempted to give em passports! Sponging *******s!!! Bring on the Republic of England!!!

Perhaps the Iraqis can line the ******* up against a wall and shoot him! In fact, if they can do the rest of his family in, i'd be tempted to give em passports! Sponging *******s!!! Bring on the Republic of England!!!

I'll assume that was said in jest.

If not, then I assume you do not support England (any sport) and have never sung the National Anthem either.

Am not particularly a fan of the Royal Family myself, however they are a symbol for the United Kingdom like it or not. Ask anyone you meet anywhere in the world and well over 90% will say Buckingham Palace is on their to-do list when they visit London. May say they are 'sponging b*stards', however I actually believe that the amount of money they bring in through tourism trade quite possibly pays for it.

As Chadded(current British Soldier) has kind of indicated, it is a very strange move for him to go out there. His squaddron is now going to be targeted, and that basically means all the British Soldiers out there will be put in further dangerous situations than they are already in. I do not see it that it is just his life that is being put on the line here, I personally see all our other troops being put in an unnecessary additional dangerous situation too. It's a move that does not make sense to me.

I can't stand the Royal family but I don't wish physical harm on them.

If Harry is out there risking his life along with the rank and file then I will certainly have a better opinion of him.

As the BBC point out he will be doing something none of the current members of parliament have done.

Perhaps I am a cynic but there is a small part of me that thinks the whole episode may be staged in a Capricorn One type of way.....

Last edited:
As Chadded(current British Soldier) has kind of indicated, it is a very strange move for him to go out there. His squaddron is now going to be targeted, and that basically means all the British Soldiers out there will be put in further dangerous situations than they are already in. I do not see it that it is just his life that is being put on the line here, I personally see all our other troops being put in an unnecessary additional dangerous situation too. It's a move that does not make sense to me.

They're fighting a war, it could not be any more dangerous anyway! Soldiers sign up knowing they might die.

They're fighting a war, it could not be any more dangerous anyway! Soldiers sign up knowing they might die.

You obviously missed my point completely. Of course they sign up knowing that is a possibility.

However, of course it could be made more dangerous. This will only lead to another resurgent attack on our forces from Iraqi's. If he wasn't going, then that would be one less threat. It'll never be safe, but to make it even more dangerous is just ridiculous IMO.

You obviously missed my point completely. Of course they sign up knowing that is a possibility.

However, of course it could be made more dangerous. This will only lead to another resurgent attack on our forces from Iraqi's. If he wasn't going, then that would be one less threat. It'll never be safe, but to make it even more dangerous is just ridiculous IMO.

I wish the army would stop whinging about it. They always knew he would probably be deployed, so to turn around and start feeling sorry for themselves, in my view is ridiculous.

Article in the paper this afternoon that he will be guarded by the SAS while he is out there being as he is a high-profile target for the insurgents.

Thoughts?

I wish the army would stop whinging about it. They always knew he would probably be deployed, so to turn around and start feeling sorry for themselves, in my view is ridiculous.

When have the army been quoted as whinging or feeling sorry for themselves?! It is my opinion and I have no association with the army!! :confused: (unless I've missed a report somewhere...?)

What is ridiculous IMO, is putting our soldiers in further dangerous situations. There is no need for it. This is only going to prompt further roadside bombs/suicide bombers to take out as many of our troops as possible in the hope they get him and cause further mayhem.

A 16 year old soldier signing up 3 years ago earning as little as 12,000 a year would probably not have expected for him to go out there!

The Government (rightly or wrongly) have put him out there to fight the war against Iraq for (rightly or wrongly) the reasons they, the Government believe. The troops signed up for that. I highly doubt though that one of the things they ever expected was a potential future King of the country to go out there and turn a bad situation even worse as a political stunt IMO.

Not sure if I am misinterpretting your comments or not, but you appear to have very little respect for the Army who ultimately at the end of the day, keep you safe. Apologies, if I'm wrong, but I am just reading it as you have complete disregard for their safety, just because they signed up and are being paid. It comes across like saying anyone who walks down Southend high street at 2am on a Saturday night, is entering a contract to have the sh*t beaten out of them!

Good stuff and fair play to the ginger *******. He's got balls, that's for sure. That said, I wouldn't want to be standing anywhere near him when he gets there.

If it was down to me, I'd make it compulsory for any 18+ children of cabinet ministers to be sent to the front line. If you're going to argue that a war is absolutely necessary then it's only fair for you to send your children to the front line.

I suspect we'd have stayed out of Iraq and Afghanistan if it meant that little Euan Blair had to go stand in Kabul for a few years.

Good stuff and fair play to the ginger *******. He's got balls, that's for sure. That said, I wouldn't want to be standing anywhere near him when he gets there.

Maybe, just maybe it is a ruse by the Royal Family to get him out there and get him killed, thereby exterminating from the royal blood-line soemone that is not a blood member of the Royal Family.

Imagine if something happened to Prince William they would be lumbered with the bast**d son of Princess Diana as next in line to the throne.

But we also signed up hoping that the British Government would provide us with the means to prevent that from happening. Over the past decade or so, that simply hasn't happened.

Maybe, just maybe it is a ruse by the Royal Family to get him out there and get him killed, thereby exterminating from the royal blood-line soemone that is not a blood member of the Royal Family.

Imagine if something happened to Prince William they would be lumbered with the bast**d son of Princess Diana as next in line to the throne.

I just figured he'd cark it in unusual circumstances like that bodyguard chap who died in a 'car crash'.

*dons tin foil hat*

Still, it's not the first time this has happened. Take a look at The Queen's kids.

Charles - ugly, big ears, no chin
Anne - ugly, big ears, no chin
Andrew - handsome, strong jawline
Edward - ugly, big ears, no chin

I'm saying nothing.

I just figured he'd cark it in unusual circumstances like that bodyguard chap who died in a 'car crash'.

*dons tin foil hat*

Still, it's not the first time this has happened. Take a look at The Queen's kids.

Charles - ugly, big ears, no chin
Anne - ugly, big ears, no chin
Andrew - handsome, strong jawline
Edward - ugly, big ears, no chin

I'm saying nothing.

It's obvious. The Queen had a one night stand with Noddy, after his best mate pi$$ed her off.

When have the army been quoted as whinging or feeling sorry for themselves?! It is my opinion and I have no association with the army!! :confused: (unless I've missed a report somewhere...?)

What is ridiculous IMO, is putting our soldiers in further dangerous situations. There is no need for it. This is only going to prompt further roadside bombs/suicide bombers to take out as many of our troops as possible in the hope they get him and cause further mayhem.

A 16 year old soldier signing up 3 years ago earning as little as 12,000 a year would probably not have expected for him to go out there!

The Government (rightly or wrongly) have put him out there to fight the war against Iraq for (rightly or wrongly) the reasons they, the Government believe. The troops signed up for that. I highly doubt though that one of the things they ever expected was a potential future King of the country to go out there and turn a bad situation even worse as a political stunt IMO.

Not sure if I am misinterpretting your comments or not, but you appear to have very little respect for the Army who ultimately at the end of the day, keep you safe. Apologies, if I'm wrong, but I am just reading it as you have complete disregard for their safety, just because they signed up and are being paid. It comes across like saying anyone who walks down Southend high street at 2am on a Saturday night, is entering a contract to have the sh*t beaten out of them!

Ok, it was on the BBC breakfast news this morning, I only caught a bit of it, it might have been the interpretation of the BBC- apologies if Im wrong.

Resurgents are already targetting soldiers - I dont think they care if its prince harry or john smith from doncaster, IMO

3 years ago, we were fighting in Afghanistan. Since 2001, our so-called war on terror has meant a virtually continuous battle for our armed forces. If you signed up since 2001 and didnt expect to be called up, I would say you were naive.

Of course, I respect the army, and I respect Harry for keeping it real. I dont think its a publicity stunt. I dont disregard their safety, theyre fighting a war noone really wants. I just believe the job is inherently dangerous

apologies if you have misintepreted. i hate messageboards sometimes

ps comparing southend to basra isnt a bad call actually!

:hilarious:

Back