• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
Bought a brand new printer today from Argos. Got it home and about 45 mins ago, decided to test it out cos I didnt have time earlier for it.

The printer came with the usual, plus 2 ink cartridges. Now, seeing as the lovely workers of HP packed the damn thing, and the ink cartridges are a match to what the printer has, why is the installation thingy now telling me my black ink cartridge is both incompatible and it looks like it's empty?

Im not a happy bunny, and i'm in the mood to do something bad now.

Rant over!

why dont you ring Mr Packard tomorrow and tell him how annoyed you are. You never know, you might get some free cartridges or something (preferably full ones!)

I got a HP printer and its as equally annoying....although for diff reasons..

You have 14 days to take it back....

I have a Canon printer for my work lappy and its been spot on for many many years..would not recommend an HP printer tbh.

Complain to Argos by phone Hils, they should offer a replacement and then take it up with the company themselves - assuming the item is supposed to come with full cartridges!

Complain to Argos by phone Hils, they should offer a replacement and then take it up with the company themselves - assuming the item is supposed to come with full cartridges!

Correct, up to a certain point (unsure when) the retailer is responsible, and they can't just palm you off to the manufacturer.

Best to get a refund and search around for a different printer.

Not sure about the compatability, but most cartridges that come with a new printer are near empty. A nice marketing trick

Not sure about the compatability, but most cartridges that come with a new printer are near empty. A nice marketing trick

The colour one is fine, it registers that one, but wont print out at all because of the black one.

Luckily, I bought 2 more cartridges, but thats not the point. The ones that came with the printer should be compatible!

Back