• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just a bit of a heads up, for those of you who may be interested I will be singing on the hallowed Roots Hall turf tomorrow from 2.45pm... weather permitting of course!

Some of you guys may remember me from singing on the pitch before, performing at meet the blues day last year, the legends charity match at Burnham which also took place last year or perhaps even the Shrimpers Trust coach for the numerous times I travelled with you to someplace up north on a wet Tuesday night in the middle of January over the years!

For those of you who don't know me, I've been a Southend fan all my life and was a season ticket holder for 15 years until my career as a Singer/Songwriter began to take shape. From a very young age I wanted to be Andy Harris.... Then Kevin Maher.... Then I realised it isn't a bad life being a singer after all (To be fair Kevin Maher is still a legend in my book).

Anyway, getting to the point, If it doesn't interrupt the pre-match rituals you may have too much, it would be fantastic to see some of you out there whilst I perform. I'll be playing my new single 'I'll Be Waiting' that will be out before the end of the year, and also a cover as well. If you want a sneak peak of the type of stuff I do, please feel free to check out my music online:

www.youtube.com/aduffillmusic
www.facebook.com/adamduffillmusic

Thanks in advance and hope everyone enjoys the game!

Take care,

Adam

I thought we had resigned Spencer Prior for a second then. Would have made sense with the recent over the hill acquisitions recently.

Good luck. Your performance will probably be the best performance on the pitch tomorrow

Good luck, I'll give you a cheer from East Greens, probably the only cheer from there all afternoon!

Shame the speakers were not working in the West Stand again as we could not hear you.

I don't mind the speakers not blaring out the pre-match music, but pretty poor show when you cant hear team line-ups/ substitutions/important safety announcements etc.

Shame the speakers were not working in the West Stand again as we could not hear you.

I don't mind the speakers not blaring out the pre-match music, but pretty poor show when you cant hear team line-ups/ substitutions/important safety announcements etc.

Or, for that matter, the amount of time added on in the second half. And for that matter, why was there no time added on in the first half? I'm convinced the fourth official held his board up the wrong way round. The joys of the West Stand.

Thanks for the words of support guys, sorry it's taken me a while to respond - it's been a manic old week! What a result though! I thought we played really well and showed a lot of passion too. Hopefully more of the same against Northampton tomorrow!

Back