• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Priorypub

Afternoon, thanks to the moderators for approving the registration.

Just a post to say that away fans will be welcome in the priory on Saturday..

We are located behind the stadium ( open end )

30 real cider offer !! This is unique stuff, you don't find this is a normal pub!
Real Ales -- old hooky -- pride of oxford --
Fosters on draught in marquee -- San Miguel -- thatchers gold
can bar selling fosters/carlsberg etc
BBQ- burgers
programmes
2 big marquees
portaloos
limited parking ( if in a minibus let me know )
Sky TV in the main bar..
We'll also have music playing to create a good family atmosphere.

We are a very welcoming outlet, so come over and say hello!*

* all the other pubs/restaurants around the complex are all very bland and boring!!

Any questions please ask...

Ive got my 12 y/o daughter with me Saturday, & I was in two minds whether to go over there or not as Ive read some not so nice things about the place.

Ive got my 12 y/o daughter with me Saturday, & I was in two minds whether to go over there or not as Ive read some not so nice things about the place.

What have you heard? We had a minor bit of trouble with port vale last season. There will be plenty of security on so you'll be in safe hands.

Last edited:
Yeah! Seriously though it'll be good to see Southend fans sharing our unique match day experince. We had Torquay and gillingham in recently and the banter and atmosphere was superb. Everyone enjoyed themselves and left a happy punter.

Can't you just push the pub forward a few hundred yards and make it the 4th stand? :winking:

Been there a few times always found it ok

Canveyshrimper tells me he has been in The Priory many times but that is another story and he seems to be on the road to recovery now.:party:

Can't you just push the pub forward a few hundred yards and make it the 4th stand? :winking:

Been there a few times always found it ok

Canveyshrimper tells me he has been in The Priory many times but that is another story and he seems to be on the road to recovery now.:party:

:smile: I can heartily recommend their nice rubber rooms, and wrap around tuxedo's.

I remember it when the Kassam had just opened and it was a nightmare if it rained as people really were squashed in like sardines, the marquee was a great idea even if it took a bit of the charm away from the old place

We've come along way since those days. We've doubled the size of the marquee so plenty of room. Ledges the inside of the bar a bit more room to breathe!

Back