• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pro Evo 2009

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
Demo is up for download tomorrow on XBOX360 or PS3 from the Store.

Freddie is in the Wales squad!.......kinda.

britain202.jpg

Da Da Da DA, Freddie....Eatonbrook. (Thankfully edit mode is supposed to be amazing this year...)

I'll see if I can find any screenshots of Leon Cort in the Stoke squad.

Have they fixed the off-side decisions on FIFA 09? Hate that 08 rules players off-side even if they're not interfering with play. -- But then again, these blatantly wrong decisions make it more like the real thing!!!!!

Didn't like it after 2/3 games, but after playing it again I'm getting into it. Scored a tap-in rabona with Guti, enjoyed that!

Can't decide whether I prefer Pro Evo or Fifa this year, both have their good and bad points. Oh well, back to the PS3 for further analysis!

Just played the demo, and am shocked at how much PES is starting to feel like Fifa (And I hate, hate, hate Fifa)!

The Legend mode is just like 'Be a Pro' or whatever Fifa have.

The graphics feel more like Fifa, and the gameplay feels smoother and with less pace than the previous PES games. Since I enjoyed PES08 so much so far it feels this could be a step backwards.

Although when I played the 08 demo after being fixed on 6 I thought 08 was a step backwards, turned out to me one of my favourite games ever.

Can't really tell, but I hope the whole game isn't like Fifa!

I'm so glad to see that Pro Evo has got the licence for the Champions League - only the Premiership to go now!

Doubtful, EA have got a golden handcuffs deal with the Premiership set to last another couple of years. Also, given the financial clout EA have I can't see Konami nipping in there to steal the rights anytime soon. It would be the equivalent of Channel 5 beating Sky and Setanta to the Premiership coverage!

EA have also nicked the La Liga license so most of the Spanish teams look ropey on PES09, thankfully the Edit mode is so in depth you can import Jpegs straight onto the shirt (ie: The "Insure And Go" logo) and away you go.

Just played the demo, and am shocked at how much PES is starting to feel like Fifa (And I hate, hate, hate Fifa)!

The Legend mode is just like 'Be a Pro' or whatever Fifa have.

The graphics feel more like Fifa, and the gameplay feels smoother and with less pace than the previous PES games. Since I enjoyed PES08 so much so far it feels this could be a step backwards.

Although when I played the 08 demo after being fixed on 6 I thought 08 was a step backwards, turned out to me one of my favourite games ever.

Can't really tell, but I hope the whole game isn't like Fifa!

You liked 2008? You must be one of the very few!!! The whole reason it has been slowed down this year as it was universally considered too fast. I remember being able to knock the ball to Ashley Young or Wright Phillips and then run rings around the other team.

PES actually had "Libero Grande" mode back in about PES 3 where you could only control one player so if anything EA stole the idea from PES and enhanced it somewhat.

My only gripe from what I've played of the demo so far is the goalies, no real enhancement from last years calamity keepers and it's annoying seeing them beat at the near post all the time.

Back