• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pro surfer Mick Fanning punches Great White Shark on the nose

Good man. Exactly what you're supposed to do in that situation. Of course, it's one thing in theory, in practice, miss and you're ****ed.

He didn't punch it on the nose he punched it on the back. Impressive stuff, I can't believe how calm everyone seemed.

How would you feel if it was a dog he was assaulting?

If he isn't a criminal and he is being attacked unprovoked then game on. Same as if one of the dogs turns on me I will do anything to stop it from mauling me.

If he isn't a criminal and he is being attacked unprovoked then game on. Same as if one of the dogs turns on me I will do anything to stop it from mauling me.

Fanning is a convict and my understanding was that it was an unprovoked attack on the shark.

Could a military man like you, could you give a dog a lethal blow?

Could a military man like you, could you give a dog a lethal blow?

We were told in Afghan to shoot any stray dogs due to the risk of rabies. I couldn't bring myself personally to do it and lucky never got put in a situation where I needed too.

I honestly don't think I could but that's purely because I love the animals.

We were told in Afghan to shoot any stray dogs due to the risk of rabies. I couldn't bring myself personally to do it and lucky never got put in a situation where I needed too.

What if it was coming really hard?

So what proportion of military training is now focused on beating off dogs?

So what proportion of military training is now focused on beating off dogs?

Ten years back when you first arrived it would be a normal thing to do. We are pretty disgusting creatures with some odd rituals that aren't appropriate for this site.

I appear to have been lead into a conversation not about killing but rather ******* a dog off. I didn't see it in the first post but saw it in Pubey's second so good one on the first I missed that.

This has gone way off topic now, you've had your giggles at my expense now get back onto surfing and sharks please.

Ten years back when you first arrived it would be a normal thing to do. We are pretty disgusting creatures with some odd rituals that aren't appropriate for this site.

I appear to have been lead into a conversation not about killing but rather ******* a dog off. I didn't see it in the first post but saw it in Pubey's second so good one on the first I missed that.

This has gone way off topic now, you've had your giggles at my expense now get back onto surfing and sharks please.

Bu_HZ63IIAAef7H.jpg

Back