• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Listen lets cut the crap, there are massive problems throughout the structure of the team. Yes you can blame it on the forward line, yes you can pull the defence up, but lets be honest I can't remember seeing a southend team with so little ability to create,change,adapt,to read a game, as i am witnessing in this current campaigne. To me the defence is absolutely shocking, woeful in fact and to let in so many goals and be brushed aside like we are being to me is damn well unexceptable. All this crap about us having the best midfield in the league were do you all get this from because I have already seen us totally out mustered about 7-8 times this season, and the majority of games we have been on par in this department. ANd lastly our forwards well yes they are shocking, but again the blame needs to be left with someone because they are all clearly not fit for this standard of football and are all 2nd choice strikers at best but due to RM and his restraints they now find themsleves in the fireing lines of us,and some how find themsleves in the starting eleven. Now like I have posted before I save my slagging off for this place, not out in the stands. But Barnard????????? **** me is he really the man to put the club back in motion, yes yes yes you can go on about giving him a chance all you like, im just staighting my opinion on a FANS FORUM my personnal opinion is he will just be another average striker who you might get 6-7 goals out of until the end of the season.My personnal view also is that Clarke is hugely overated defender, with no positional sence what so ever, barret to falls into that catagory for me also, yes a great guy weres his heart on his sleeve, and will give you 110% if not more every week gaurenteed. I just feel he is getting shown for his real ability when alongside another defender who is not upto the job. I don't expect answers from the club, I don't get a hard on when RM sends me an email, listen hes just doing his job, whats easier sending an email to someone or spending 300 000 I know what would be less stressfull!! I just want the club that I support to stop all this 'spin' bolloxs and get back to what it actually is, a football club, yes we have addressed the positions that need filling, RM you have done your usaul walk out onto the pitch spirting your usaul' we are gonna do this, we are gonna do that' all I want is to se something being done about it, its not about moving up this year because we cant even sign players of Div1 standard so we will not get any championship standard but it is about providing a service, sign some player lets get a squad with a bit of potential lets get some bodies in the squad, lets get some young exciting blood, mixed with some good older pro''s and lets get rid of all this bull**** spin that you would rather feed us with

I know for various reasons you're not the most popular poster on here, but you honestly cannot argue with a lot of what you've just said.

Personally, I also wonder what negative effect the 4 year deal offered to AB has had on other certain members of the squad. Also, there's the much-reported in-fighting over certain extra curricular activities which for all we know has only been half dealt with!

While I agree with a lot of your feeling and frustration, I don't think the problems are as big as you make out. And there have been years and years of worse teams than this - far, far worse in fact.

My biggest frustration is that the problem areas are so plain to see and and are solvable quickly with the right signings. The right signings are of course very, very hard to make which just increases the frustration. I believe the current side is mid-table, but three astute signings (goalkeeper, centre-half, stiker) would turn it into promotion candidates.

I know for various reasons you're not the most popular poster on here, but you honestly cannot argue with a lot of what you've just said.

Personally, I also wonder what negative effect the 4 year deal offered to AB has had on other certain members of the squad. Also, there's the much-reported in-fighting over certain extra curricular activities which for all we know has only been half dealt with!

I used to be quite popular a good few years ago, then I woke up one day and realised what a bunch of mugs post on here

sorry........

I used to be quite popular a good few years ago, then I woke up one day and realised what a bunch of mugs post on here

sorry........

Maybe you include me in that statement or not?
I know what you mean, from both sides of the fence.

Certainly one thing your first post can't deny is your feelings from Southend United FC and how correct you are in saving your criticism for here & not for when you are at games!

Listen lets cut the crap, there are massive problems throughout the structure of the team. Yes you can blame it on the forward line, yes you can pull the defence up, but lets be honest I can't remember seeing a southend team with so little ability to create,change,adapt,to read a game, as i am witnessing in this current campaigne. To me the defence is absolutely shocking, woeful in fact and to let in so many goals and be brushed aside like we are being to me is damn well unexceptable. All this crap about us having the best midfield in the league were do you all get this from because I have already seen us totally out mustered about 7-8 times this season, and the majority of games we have been on par in this department. ANd lastly our forwards well yes they are shocking, but again the blame needs to be left with someone because they are all clearly not fit for this standard of football and are all 2nd choice strikers at best but due to RM and his restraints they now find themsleves in the fireing lines of us,and some how find themsleves in the starting eleven. Now like I have posted before I save my slagging off for this place, not out in the stands. But Barnard????????? **** me is he really the man to put the club back in motion, yes yes yes you can go on about giving him a chance all you like, im just staighting my opinion on a FANS FORUM my personnal opinion is he will just be another average striker who you might get 6-7 goals out of until the end of the season.My personnal view also is that Clarke is hugely overated defender, with no positional sence what so ever, barret to falls into that catagory for me also, yes a great guy weres his heart on his sleeve, and will give you 110% if not more every week gaurenteed. I just feel he is getting shown for his real ability when alongside another defender who is not upto the job. I don't expect answers from the club, I don't get a hard on when RM sends me an email, listen hes just doing his job, whats easier sending an email to someone or spending 300 000 I know what would be less stressfull!! I just want the club that I support to stop all this 'spin' bolloxs and get back to what it actually is, a football club, yes we have addressed the positions that need filling, RM you have done your usaul walk out onto the pitch spirting your usaul' we are gonna do this, we are gonna do that' all I want is to se something being done about it, its not about moving up this year because we cant even sign players of Div1 standard so we will not get any championship standard but it is about providing a service, sign some player lets get a squad with a bit of potential lets get some bodies in the squad, lets get some young exciting blood, mixed with some good older pro''s and lets get rid of all this bull**** spin that you would rather feed us with

Best post so far..

but... wait to you get shot down in flames - you know the motto? Support the club or get out.. To most people on here, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the tean, and mid table is a good achievement.. saying that, i think those people still like bananarama and don't have sugar on their corn flakes...

Maybe you include me in that statement or not?
I know what you mean, from both sides of the fence.

Certainly one thing your first post can't deny is your feelings from Southend United FC and how correct you are in saving your criticism for here & not for when you are at games!

No No I sound like a total **** now mate sorry, it was just my usaul tongue firmly in cheek

Spoken like a true gent. I cant really argue with anything that has been said.

You've told who we shouldn't have now tell us who we should buy, avoiding the "they must be someone out there" answer.

Absolutely no reason to respond other than to bump it up to the top

To most people on here, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with the team

Can you actually name any posters who really think that?

It's when arguments are presented in an irrational, reactionary and ill thought out way that people get wound up and "shoot people down in flames" as you put it.

For the record, Cockles' post is none of the above and so hopefully won't get this response - whether people agree with it or not. It is passionate and heart-felt and will be respected for that.

Im a VIP Manager for a chain of night clubs, my job is to manage,promote VIP sectors in a number of clubs, Ii is not in my sector of work to study websites, news reports and football club statements to find out who the missing link is for southend united. But as a fan of the club for a number of years I do feel I have every right to staight my opinion on hear as its a fans forum. Great answer though Hawkwell. Be sure to check out my new threads just chucking down name after name of footballers who I think could do a job for us

zzzzzz

rock on......

Well said cockles. Our squad has been too small for too long, Tilly was lucky Freddy never suffered a major injury. In fact the 2 promotion seasons he was very lucky with injuries, though thats not to denigrate his achievements. Last 2 seasons our options off the bench have been laughable, no back up quality to the first XI.

its so strange on this board, isnt it, I get shot down in flames for saying all of the above, but when someone else says it, what do you know!!! everyone agrees and wants it put to the top. I would add on top of all this that with the expected loss of revenue by the end of this season,moving inton ext season I expect the big signings to completely dry up. We are going to be scrapping around buying the calibre of lee barnard and loanness at the last moment. If we do stay up then with the current crop of players that is about as far as it goes. But then with swansea, leeds and forest out the way does it make the path any easy nope, cos you have peterboro and mk dons coming up that are bigger clubs than us, with bigger budgets, and then you have the teams coming down from the championsjip like leicester or preston

so next year we might just scrape the play offs, but lets try and stay up this year

its so strange on this board, isnt it, I get shot down in flames for saying all of the above, but when someone else says it, what do you know!!! everyone agrees and wants it put to the top. I would add on top of all this that with the expected loss of revenue by the end of this season,moving inton ext season I expect the big signings to completely dry up. We are going to be scrapping around buying the calibre of lee barnard and loanness at the last moment. If we do stay up then with the current crop of players that is about as far as it goes. But then with swansea, leeds and forest out the way does it make the path any easy nope, cos you have peterboro and mk dons coming up that are bigger clubs than us, with bigger budgets, and then you have the teams coming down from the championsjip like leicester or preston

so next year we might just scrape the play offs, but lets try and stay up this year

I think it more down the way you say it than what you actually say.

I rarely disagree with your comments (And that goes across all boards) but I think the way you phrase it enrages people.

True, there is the possibility however, that the FF plans going through and the funding for the new stadium getting into place, may release some of the capital reserved for day to day club costs for transfer fees wages etc.

Consolidation this season is definately the key though.

Cockles you do not come out with a serious post often but when you do it hits the nail on the head for me every time. Now get back to your defiling of the Dog's Mum.

Im a VIP Manager for a chain of night clubs, my job is to manage,promote VIP sectors in a number of clubs, Ii is not in my sector of work to study websites, news reports and football club statements to find out who the missing link is for southend united. But as a fan of the club for a number of years I do feel I have every right to staight my opinion on hear as its a fans forum. Great answer though Hawkwell. Be sure to check out my new threads just chucking down name after name of footballers who I think could do a job for us

zzzzzz

rock on......

To be fair if you walk into a shop with empty shelves, you don't need to be a retail manager to know something's wrong, nor would you need to know how to fix it, you'd just know things weren't right. As for endless lists of posts saying we should sign [insert obscure footballer/ageing pro here] are about as tedius as watching a sudden death penalty shoot out between Drewe Broughton and Graeme Jones!

One area where I feel there is a fault with this site is that some people will spout endless rubbish, pretending they're experts, and stating opinions as facts, whereas others who, though intelligent, aren't football experts, face ridicule for suggesting possible ideas that are maybe different to the mass opinion. Now, Mr Cockles has said that football isn't his sector of work, however he is a fan and does watch (I'd assume) a fair few games, so should know enough to have a few ideas.

Not saying I agree 100% (maybe I would if I could get to more games) but I'll definitely go along with the general idea that there is something rotten in the state of our team, and it needs fixing.

Back