• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I second that.

Nobody should in anyway do anything to harm these two traders businesses and any such act would not be looked apon favourably by me.....

Please dont do it...

Pizza man has been there for years. As for the one on the corner, whilst I know it has changed names god knows how many times, it seems to have not changed recently...

I second that.

Nobody should in anyway do anything to harm these two traders businesses and any such act would not be looked apon favourably by me.....

Please dont do it...

I suggest these guys..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPM7mXrq-DY

(Joking, obviously!)

They don't deserve to be smashed in, but they do deserve a food buying boycot! We want Pizza's out!

What do they do for the two years between selling up at Roots Hall and FF opening though? I'd have thought that Sainsburys would be keen to build what they can pretty promptly so they'd have to move early on.

As I understand it we have to build retail units first before the football stadium, to get some cashflow coming in from the site. It's well documented that there's a covenant on RH that we can't move out until there's a ground for us to move in to (which I assume to mean we can't be moved until FF Stadium is ready). That would mean there'd be no 2 year gap - they could move direct from their current location straight into brand spanking new premises.

A & K 's old site opposite is empty, Right opposite the park gates, and it has parking. Either of these could re-locate there if RM wanted to ease the way for them.

As I understand it we have to build retail units first before the football stadium, to get some cashflow coming in from the site. It's well documented that there's a covenant on RH that we can't move out until there's a ground for us to move in to (which I assume to mean we can't be moved until FF Stadium is ready). That would mean there'd be no 2 year gap - they could move direct from their current location straight into brand spanking new premises.

I don't understand (my fault I'm sure). The Covenant stops us moving before the ground is ready but I don't think it will stop Sainsburys demolishing the flats and shops and building what they can whilst the football club remains on site.

The owners have found themselves on property which has suddenly become more valuable and are looking for a windfall, just as Ron Martin is with his property. If this whole development is going to be so lucrative, give them their windfall and move on. Make them a take it or leave it, very generous offer and get building.

The owners have found themselves on property which has suddenly become more valuable and are looking for a windfall, just as Ron Martin is with his property. If this whole development is going to be so lucrative, give them their windfall and move on. Make them a take it or leave it, very generous offer and get building.

We mentioned that would be an idea at our meeting with Tara, he said that as they were in partnership with Sainsbury's they would not do it as it would set a precedent for any other properties they were trying to buy.

So it still looks like the Pizza shop will challenge the CPO. I wonder how many months delay this could cause. It will be interesting to see how the planning permission on FF will be extended & if there will be a final deadline that work has to start by.

Although I have no experience of CPO's and thus what I am about to say could be complete sloblock, I suspect that the owners of these shops, specifically the Food joints, realise they will be the underdog in any appeal. If they were to lose, presumably they would be liable for their costs, which would then eat into the money offered by RM. I have a feeling that it won't go the distance so to speak, and they will accept the final offer before court..

Although I have no experience of CPO's and thus what I am about to say could be complete sloblock, I suspect that the owners of these shops, specifically the Food joints, realise they will be the underdog in any appeal. If they were to lose, presumably they would be liable for their costs, which would then eat into the money offered by RM. I have a feeling that it won't go the distance so to speak, and they will accept the final offer before court..

I hope so. I realise that these people have a livelyhood to protect , but in all seriousness they are fighting a losing battle and as such should take the money which is above market value and relocate whilst the going is still reasonably good.

Greed seems to be the motivation and even that will only get you so far .

I thought that at the time of the public inquiry for the ff development that the Roots Hall development was also looked at and no separate inquiry was deemed necessary. If so pizza dudes chances of it going to public inquiry would seem unlikely.

Could anyone with experience of CPO's answer the following question:

If they have been offered (for arguements sake) £200k, and rejected it, could the CPO decide that the price is lowered, ie, turn round and say tough, you should have accepted, now you're getting £150k?

greed seems to be the motivation for martin, not the shopkeepers. for the life of me, i cannot understand why our council have allowed cpos to be put on place for basically a retail developement with no tangible benefits to the council, save for a nice bit of new road!! I hope these shopkeepers stand firm, and take martin for every single penny, and delay and obstruct as long as possible. martin seems to be indicating from his radio interview, that he is underwriting all our losses. so i am sure money is not a problem for him. if i was the shopkeepers i would go for £1m each and work from there downwards.

still everything is on the up isnt it. try telling that the latest round of ppl that lost their jobs 2 weeks ago at the club.

Could anyone with experience of CPO's answer the following question:

If they have been offered (for arguements sake) £200k, and rejected it, could the CPO decide that the price is lowered, ie, turn round and say tough, you should have accepted, now you're getting £150k?

The valuation at a CPO will be the property's market value as if the development were NOT going ahead (not its ransom value).

It is in the interest of the pizza shop owners to force the offer from Ron/Sainsburys as high as possible without waiting for the CPO inquiry. If they wait too long and it goes to inquiry they will almost always be awarded much less.

greed seems to be the motivation for martin, not the shopkeepers. for the life of me, i cannot understand why our council have allowed cpos to be put on place for basically a retail developement with no tangible benefits to the council, save for a nice bit of new road!! I hope these shopkeepers stand firm, and take martin for every single penny, and delay and obstruct as long as possible. martin seems to be indicating from his radio interview, that he is underwriting all our losses. so i am sure money is not a problem for him. if i was the shopkeepers i would go for £1m each and work from there downwards.

still everything is on the up isnt it. try telling that the latest round of ppl that lost their jobs 2 weeks ago at the club.

If 'loyal' supporters weren't boycotting the club, perhaps the job cuts wouldn't have been so necessary..... :winking:

The valuation at a CPO will be the property's market value as if the development were NOT going ahead (not its ransom value).

It is in the interest of the pizza shop owners to force the offer from Ron/Sainsburys as high as possible without waiting for the CPO inquiry. If they wait too long and it goes to inquiry they will almost always be awarded much less.

Danke. So in a nutshell, the quicker we can invoke the CPO's, the better...

Is it the one on the corner that's affiliated with that new JustEat website? I'd suspect that that particular affiliation drives an awful lof of trade their way, so it may even be beneficial for that particular store to move on.

I fully expect them to settle. If they think taking it to public inquiry will see them gain more cash, then I'd advise them to get better legal advice.

Back