• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Progress

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
With the return of Lopata Ralph and Husin we look a much stronger side and with two good performances in the last two games better results are happening.

So my question is are we capable of going on a unbeaten run.We have had a tough start with fixtures and Injuries but both are getting better.

Yes some will say I might be getting too excited and you might be correct

Our next half dozen fixtures look winnable so I think it's not impossible

Over to the Zone

Yes, if Hyde can get his sharpness back, Ralph not get injured. Getting Cards back will be a huge boost.
#unbeaten~winning?

With the return of Lapata Ralph and Husin we look a much stronger side and with two good performances in the last two games better results are happening.

So my question is are we capable of going on a unbeaten run.We have had a tough start with fixtures and Injuries but both are getting better.

Yes some will say I might be getting too excited and you might be correct

Our next half dozen fixtures look winnable so I think it's not impossible

Over to the Zone
We certainly do look alot stronger I agree

Easy.... We're still being out-thought by opposing managers in the tactics department and struggling to score in open play. Though granted Wealdstone away was a good result, and we're better placed than we were in the league than we were this time last season - both of which can be considered good progress.

I think the majority would have said that once we had the bulk of our squad fully fit and playing we’d look a strong side for this league and over the last couple of games I think that’s shown to be the case. It’s still a concern that we aren’t scoring plenty of goals but I believe sooner rather than later as our strikers get more minutes under their belts, the goals will start to come. We are certainly due a good thumping to someone.

I’m interested to know what others think would be our strongest lineup now that we have got players back from injury. Would you stick to 2 up top? Would you revert to playing wing backs with inverted wingers? Either way, I think it’s great that we have options to be able to change the way we play and to have good options of the bench.

Easy.... We're still being out-thought by opposing managers in the tactics department and struggling to score in open play. Though granted Wealdstone away was a good result, and we're better placed than we were in the league than we were this time last season - both of which can be considered good progress.
Both the Wrexham and Wealdstone games seem to make you wrong on the out-thought by opposing managers front. In both games we were tactically better than those two teams, admitted by their managers.

Both Wrexham and Wealdstone games seem to make you wrong on theout-thought by opposing managers front. In both games we were tactically better than those two teams, admitted by their managers.
But not in the tactics of influence over the officials.
Yesterday the Stone's player asked for Gus to be yellow carded after a nothing foul and they put up a big clamour to get him the 2nd.

On paper the Daggers game could be the hardest but I hear they have a few injuries so we might be playing them at the right time and we definitely owe them one and as it's on TV we could make a statement to the league

It's the lack of goals that concerns me, we look really solid at the back and have conceded 1 more than wrexham and average under 1 goal a game, but we have scored 20 less, it may sound obvious but we need to start taking chances very soon, if we do I definitely think we have a chance of play offs.

Both the Wrexham and Wealdstone games seem to make you wrong on the out-thought by opposing managers front. In both games we were tactically better than those two teams, admitted by their managers.
Yet Torquay and Chesterfield make me right. Tactics is one of the main shortcomings this season, and I challenge you to find a game where we've drawn or lost where tactics have not been cited by someone in the match thread.

Yet Torquay and Chesterfield make me right. Tactics is one of the main shortcomings this season, and I challenge you to find a game where we've drawn or lost where tactics have not been cited by someone in the match thread.

I can agree with you on Chesterfield, once we got our noses in front against a side with 10 men we could have changed things to keep it right at the back etc but I have to disagree with you about Torquay, that defeat wasn’t down to tactics. We had over 20 shots compared to their 2 on that day, it was our inability to finish chances that cost us, not anything tactically.

Definitely progress here from last season, we just need to no each other a lot more, play players in the right positions and not to let other teams in this league bully us, we still seem to roll over to easily at times when we come up against the bigger physical sides, iron that out and we can get into top 5 this season.

If I'm looking backwards then I agree. But if Maher has learnt from those two games, and I believe he has, then the tactical improvement of Wrexham and Wealdstone underpins that opinion. We shall see as the season progresses.

I can agree with you on Chesterfield, once we got our noses in front against a side with 10 men we could have changed things to keep it right at the back etc but I have to disagree with you about Torquay, that defeat wasn’t down to tactics. We had over 20 shots compared to their 2 on that day, it was our inability to finish chances that cost us, not anything tactically.
The same Wrexham side, that we should have won, have thumped Torquay 6-0, we probably done the same to them if we took our chances in first half.

Tactics are a matter that divide opinions, but the only opinion that matters is that of the management team. The biggest improvement for me is the goals against column. In previous years we have conceded far too many and generally have needed to score at least 2 if not 3 to win games. Now I feel a goal will often be enough.

Going forward we are playing on the front foot, but decision making in and around the opposition box sometimes lets us down. The last couple of games I reckon we have fielded our best available team. The only question for me really is whether Mooney is the right fit in the position he is being asked to play.

Confident goals will come and we are certainly heading in the right direction.

Reckon though if Hobson, Lopata and Kensdale keep improving and playing well then we are going to struggle to hold on to them.

Go on then. What would you have done v Torquay differently?

Torquay got in our box once all game and scored 2 goals. It feels hyperbolic to say that, but I don't remember another time that they did.

Back