• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

krambo

Youth Team
Hi,How are you enjoying life in L1? The 4 promoted teams have so far only lost one away game between them (Burton).Are you happy with your position (as a newly promoted team) so far?
Must admit,im very happy and its gone better than i thought (up to now).Only lost 1 game (Fleetwood) and could have drawn that only for a unneccesary foul by Cameron which gave them a penalty which won them the game 3-4.
Injuries are now catching up with us (just hope the squad is strong enough) with 3 key players missing tomorrow.I reckon our strongest 11 would match any team in this league from what ive seen so far.

Good luck....

Our away form and performances have been generally pleasing. Home form and performances inconsistent, ranging from very good against Peterborough to dreadful against Walsall and Shrewsbury. In short, win tomorrow and I'd say most would be very satisfied. Lose or draw and depending on the performance most will probably be a bit meh. Still too early to say how we will do over the course of the season, but, survival is the aim and at this early stage we are on course for that so :thumbsup:

At one time,clubs made their home fortresses.Times are changing as clubs now come to our place and park the bus making it difficult.When we are away though,and they have to attack us,we counter with great effect (up to now).
These days,there are too many negative teams (in away games) and ideally you need an early goal so that they have no option but to attack.
Thats why i had no sympathy towards Vale last week conceeding late.They came for a point and ,fortunately for football sake,left with none.

That was absolutely the case for us last season and we struggled on numerous occasions to break 'weak' teams down. This season, every away team has come to us knowing there are 3 points there for the taking. Walsall we were awful, they were very good and they deserved the points. Swindon, we played much better and probably should have won but came away with nothing. Peterborough we played well and deservedly beat a poor team on the day and Shrewsbury was boring as hell with neither team really doing too much to lift the fans. Can't deny them the victory though, they were the better team on the day. Hopefully we can put in a good performance tomorrow against a Scunny team that shouldn't be feared in my opinion.

That was absolutely the case for us last season and we struggled on numerous occasions to break 'weak' teams down. This season, every away team has come to us knowing there are 3 points there for the taking. Walsall we were awful, they were very good and they deserved the points. Swindon, we played much better and probably should have won but came away with nothing. Peterborough we played well and deservedly beat a poor team on the day and Shrewsbury was boring as hell with neither team really doing too much to lift the fans. Can't deny them the victory though, they were the better team on the day. Hopefully we can put in a good performance tomorrow against a Scunny team that shouldn't be feared in my opinion.

Credit to Fleetwood,they came to attack and won the points (even though a silly penalty helped them).Swindon set up for a draw but we scored and obviously they had to come out more.Game ended 2-2 but could and should have been 5-2 with the wasted chances and missed penalty.They had 2 shots on target (both goals) to our 22 on target and numerous corner count.Like i say,not seen an outstanding team yet and we have played a few fancied teams and won (all away) Wigan (cup) and Walsall/Sheff Utd league.

I just want us to show more fight at home, if we going to lose, I would applaud their efforts & never give up attitude, but not the display Vs Shrewsbury, hopefully our win at Millwall lift the team for today.

Good luck to you, Bury doing well atm!

Back