• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

You know that how exactly? Twice non payment of wages, one illegible player. I don't wish it at all but I don't stick my fingers in my ears and hope it'll go away quietly.
You made the outlandish claim of there being a 'very good chance' something that has never happened before will happen to us, and then put the required burden of proof on the person disagreeing. How does that work?! Great response by kentblues anyway.

You made the outlandish claim of there being a 'very good chance' something that has never happened before will happen to us, and then put the required burden of proof on the person disagreeing. How does that work?! Great response by kentblues anyway.

Macclesfield got fined 6 points in January for non payment of wages. So it has happened.

Macclesfield got fined 6 points in January for non payment of wages. So it has happened.

I rest my case m'lord! :Smile:

F

Have you read the article? They failed to fulfil a fixture. That is a major, major difference to us.

I was also under the impression from what had been reported in the local media that the 2020-21 season would start with a points deduction.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong on this but I'm bracing myself for the EFL investigation to find us contravening the rules and instigate such a punishment.

I was also under the impression from what had been reported in the local media that the 2020-21 season would start with a points deduction.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong on this but I'm bracing myself for the EFL investigation to find us contravening the rules and instigate such a punishment.

^^^ this everyday.

it has now been additionally pointed out that rule changes proposed by the EFL has another potential issue- the EFL is prohibited from imposing the rule changes for this season by their own Articles of Association (Arts 13 & 14.5), they would have to apply from next.

It is clear the whole EFL approach is based on the gamble there is no legal challenge.

That gamble will definitely work with the Sunderland’s and Peterborough’s as the legal action would simply result in promotions and relegations not happening- not them getting promoted instead. Might not work with a Tranmere, Stevenage or L1 relegation club

Can you please share this local media report? Would be good to see it/ investigate - clearly someone is suggesting some transcretion other than the two mentioned? I don’t recall seeing the report

So if we are being judged the same as Macclesfield then we should only get a 3 to 4 point deduction. We never missed any fixtures and they failed to pay players on multiple occasions throughout the season, had several winding ups orders and their players refused to play. We are already being relegated when mathematically still had a chance to stay up...surely that's punishment enough?

We are not one of the clubs that’s I heard, by all accounts we have had issues but we are definsatyerly not one of the 6 clubs in very bad shape.

The re financing that has been done and of course the FF news will buy us some time for sure, however as Ron has always kept us going even if he is moving Peter to past Paul

I suspected things might have improved a bit hence the new contracts being handed out, something which must be a bit of rarity at the moment, perhaps something for the PFA and EFL to bear in mind.

I suspect that we may end up in L2 next season but with no penalties for the charges against us as long as we vote for the PPG proposal

So if we are being judged the same as Macclesfield then we should only get a 3 to 4 point deduction. We never missed any fixtures and they failed to pay players on multiple occasions throughout the season, had several winding ups orders and their players refused to play. We are already being relegated when mathematically still had a chance to stay up...surely that's punishment enough?
The Macclesfield deduction was for not fulfilling fixtures

No we have had the discussion before- it is the non fulfilling of the fixture verses Crewe that resulted in the points deduction. It wasn’t for non payment of wages. Non fulfilment of fixtures has always carried a points deduction..

No we have had the discussion before- it is the non fulfilling of the fixture verses Crewe that resulted in the points deduction. It wasn’t for non payment of wages. Non fulfilment of fixtures has always carried a points deduction..

Look, we're going round in circles. I'm not confident that we'll start next season on 0 points, you are. I hope you're right, but I have a horrible feeling we wont. Can we leave it there?

Can you please share this local media report? Would be good to see it/ investigate - clearly someone is suggesting some transcretion other than the two mentioned? I don’t recall seeing the report
I’m sure it was an Echo / Chris Phillips article from early March. I can’t find it now but there’s this from the BBC.

THE English Football League has set out its testing and return-to-training protocols, with the first results from Covid-19 tests among Championship players set to be published on Sunday.

More...

Back