• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

You maybe right, as may Kent, i personally believe we will lose the 3pts from the Lincoln game for Kenny Cokers 3 or so minute appearance, do not believe the rules state how long any unregistered player has to be on the pitch before there is a punishment. As for the non payment of salaries i thought it may have been a warning for just one months missed payments, but as Macclesfield got deducted 6 points (that was for not fulfilling a fixture i believe and multiple non payment of salaries) not sure how that was split we may get an add on. My initial reaction is a warning though and that is still where my gut goes.

FWIW the last instance I am aware of EFL making judgement on playing of unregistered player was end of last year. In this case it was Liverpool in a Carabao Cup (actually following similar offence in Aug). Of course as it was Liverpool the EFL's well known policy of treating the big clubs as "special" was ruthlessly enforced and rather than kick them out of the competition they issued a fine.

We will get docked the 3 points I strongly suspect (only caveat being if the EFL just can't be bothered as it makes no difference to anything)

FWIW the last instance I am aware of EFL making judgement on playing of unregistered player was end of last year. In this case it was Liverpool in a Carabao Cup (actually following similar offence in Aug). Of course as it was Liverpool the EFL's well known policy of treating the big clubs as "special" was ruthlessly enforced and rather than kick them out of the competition they issued a fine.

We will get docked the 3 points I strongly suspect (only caveat being if the EFL just can't be bothered as it makes no difference to anything)
Yeah Liverpool media and FA favourites. The options were fine or eject. I believe they dobbed theirselves in and that probabaly helped them, not sure if we did that as well.

Like you i suspect to lose the points, i cant remember the last time this happened to a club in a league game and what the penalty was.

Apparently EFL board met yesterday to decide how the rules will be changed.Next week all clubs from all 3 devisions will vote on these changes and depending on that decision 1 clubs will vote on ending the league.
This info was from the Rotherham newspaper no doubt the Echo will catch up in due course
Next week!! What are the EFL doing. This was declared a global pandemic almost 3 months ago. Shambles.

Next week!! What are the EFL doing. This was declared a global pandemic almost 3 months ago. Shambles.
Just to clarify the vote mentioned here isnt about how the league ends ut new proposals to be added to the league rules. The following week would see L1 clubs vote on how to end their division

Bear in mind at the moment they have not even been able to agree an update further to yesterdays meeting- this was going to last night, then this morning, then..?

Bear in mind at the moment they have not even been able to agree an update further to yesterdays meeting- this was going to last night, then this morning, then..?
As i say i have almost given up, there are some teams making it deliberately hard almost as if they want teams to not be around

"The situation in League One is especially dire, with clubs torn over a desire to continue or curtail the season as well as deciding if their voting position should be made public. Time is starting to run out, with all third-tier players required to be tested before non-contact training can begin, and, as Collins points out, it will not be cheap to carry out that process, with regular Covid-19 testing costing around £140,000 per League One club."

Taken from this afternoon's article, published in the Guardian. The full article can be seen.......

"The situation in League One is especially dire, with clubs torn over a desire to continue or curtail the season as well as deciding if their voting position should be made public. Time is starting to run out, with all third-tier players required to be tested before non-contact training can begin, and, as Collins points out, it will not be cheap to carry out that process, with regular Covid-19 testing costing around £140,000 per League One club."

Taken from this afternoon's article, published in the Guardian. The full article can be seen.......

It is interesting that Collins doesn’t ask the EFL whats happening with the money from the premier league but asks the government, and also the cost of 140,000 is overstated, i believe the championship clubs are paying far closer too 100k which is still a considerable amount of money

This June 8th vote will see the end of the season if only for the timescale.
Nine matches left, and only one of them on the original list was 'midweek' (a Monday, in fact).
There simply isn't time to play out the remainder, unless you play two games a week for a month at least.
Even then, should the season restart on June 17, it would be the end of July, assuming play-offs, before it properly finished.
Any club agreeing to that would have to be mad.
Those six clubs wanting to play on ain't going to get their way.
Although it will be anarchy if the Championship do: League One and League don't; and there is no relegation in League Two, but there is in League One!

This June 8th vote will see the end of the season if only for the timescale.
Nine matches left, and only one of them on the original list was 'midweek' (a Monday, in fact).
There simply isn't time to play out the remainder, unless you play two games a week for a month at least.
Even then, should the season restart on June 17, it would be the end of July, assuming play-offs, before it properly finished.
Any club agreeing to that would have to be mad.
Those six clubs wanting to play on ain't going to get their way.
Although it will be anarchy if the Championship do: League One and League don't; and there is no relegation in League Two, but there is in League One!

The worst thing though is that meeting is only for the clubs (all 71) to vote on how to end the seasons early if it happens again, it isnt for what should happen this season to L1

I would agree, but the prem are planning on playing pretty much 2 games a week, I would say especially now the FA Cup is reschedule for during June and July with the final 1st of AUgust. The championship also plan to play their game ins 4 weeks so again pretty much 2 a week for each team. So if the L1 clubs that want to play on will push for the 2 games a week option. There are periods where this happens in the season but not sure its for 4 straight weeks.

I personally do not think the season will play on but this is football and money talks, that is also for me a reason not to play on as most teams will lose money. That is unless someone ponies up some cash to show the games on TV I guess

Last edited:
So let’s try and capture this in summary

A vote to change the regulations for 19/20 season (retrospectively) to be held on 8th June- all EFL clubs to vote.
EFL have wasted a huge amount of time deciding that they are still recommending play on with option of the same PPG as before as option if season curtailed (this requires the regulation change)
Any club can put forward their own alternative to be voted on at that same meeting (They have to 2nd June to propose). So actually what’s being voted on still not finalised.
Only then after 8th if regulation change approved in original or amended form can the EFL consider It and then calling a L1 vote.

This puts aside all the potential legal Challenges that could at any point get in the way..

It's difficult to see that when there will already be so much football on TV in June and July, some of it free to air as well.
The free to air is a bit of a scam imho, there are 5 games to be split between BBC (free to air) and Amazon (under a pay wall) so the free to air could be 1,2,3or4 games only

The worst thing though is that meeting is only for the clubs (all 71) to vote on how to end the seasons early if it happens again, it isnt for what should happen this season to L1

I would agree, but the prem are planning on playing pretty much 2 games a week, I would say especially now the FA Cup is reschedule for during June and July with the final 1st of AUgust. The championship also plan to play their game ins 4 weeks so again pretty much 2 a week for each team. So if the L1 clubs that want to play on will push for the 2 games a week option. There are periods where this happens in the season but not sure its for 4 straight weeks.

I personally do not think the season will play on but this is football and money talks, that is also for me a reason not to play on as most teams will lose money. That is unless someone ponies up some cash to show the games on TV I guess
Where did you see the FA Cup dates, vested interest ticket wise here!

So let’s try and capture this in summary

A vote to change the regulations for 19/20 season (retrospectively) to be held on 8th June- all EFL clubs to vote.
EFL have wasted a huge amount of time deciding that they are still recommending play on with option of the same PPG as before as option if season curtailed (this requires the regulation change)
Any club can put forward their own alternative to be voted on at that same meeting (They have to 2nd June to propose). So actually what’s being voted on still not finalised.
Only then after 8th if regulation change approved in original or amended form can the EFL consider It and then calling a L1 vote.

This puts aside all the potential legal Challenges that could at any point get in the way..
Yep, and if they put all the options on the voting form and the clubs do not pass any of the clubs alternates but one of the original 2 then are the EFL ok from legal actions. They could have dealt with this so much better (which I know is obvious). Today is a busy day. Talking to players and sponsors

The free to air is a bit of a scam imho, there are 5 games to be split between BBC (free to air) and Amazon (under a pay wall) so the free to air could be 1,2,3or4 games only
I think sky are also showing some free to air games, thats how i read it. But what they need to do is list put the games and list next to them what platform they are on and what ones a free to air

Sky have said they're sticking 25 matches on Pick (their freeview channel).

Indeed the free to air bit is just PR
They assume we are all stupid, even heard yesterday it said that if you haven’t got Sky then there are some games on free to view and of course you can listen on the radio.
Let’s be clear if you are say a Man U fan without Sky then you are not going to only watch if it’s on BBC or listen on the radio- you are all going to congregate around peoples homes who do have Sky. Wrong but reality- naturally the Gov, Prem, Clubs, Journalists all don’t mention this as it’s another inconvenient fact.

Back