• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

Apologies if this has been mentioned before and I've missed it.

Do the sponsors of the competition have a vested interest in this and are possibly urging the EFL in a direction that doesn't damage them. If the season was null and void then how would that affect skybet? I'm assuming they would have to refund fund all the ridiculous bets fans make before the season kicks off, how much would that be? Could have an influence on why the EFL want to finish the season.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before and I've missed it.

Do the sponsors of the competition have a vested interest in this and are possibly urging the EFL in a direction that doesn't damage them. If the season was null and void then how would that affect skybet? I'm assuming they would have to refund fund all the ridiculous bets fans make before the season kicks off, how much would that be? Could have an influence on why the EFL want to finish the season.
Antepost betting takes a lot less in stakes than people realise. They would earn lots more if the matches get completed.

Many bookies will also pay out on 'official result' so if L1 is ended and Coventry are promoted, they will pay out on that.

This would be a good step if you don’t need a Sky Box?
Think (not sure) that you can get Pick without a sky box, such as on NOW tv and Freeview

I say think as I always thought it was just re runs of old sky shows and to be honest if i had seen them i didnt want to watch them again lol

Think (not sure) that you can get Pick without a sky box, such as on NOW tv and Freeview

I say think as I always thought it was just re runs of old sky shows and to be honest if i had seen them i didnt want to watch them again lol

Yes you can, I can get pick on Freeview via an aerial and also Pick via a dish on a Humax Freesat box.

This has and is being so badly handled by the FA and EFL ,im feeling pretty confident that the new stadium will be built in time for Southends next match .

According to the attached from the BBC, League One and Two play-offs will precede the Championship play-offs by a distance.
As the latter is scheduled for the end of July, and the final at the beginning of August, how soon would be any One or Two play-offs?
Therefore, the story suggests the season will continue, which means an even greater shoehorning of matches in the allotted time from June 20.
Nine games into four weeks give or take.
And five out of the nine clubs we play have something to aim for. Not good...

According to the attached from the BBC, League One and Two play-offs will precede the Championship play-offs by a distance.
As the latter is scheduled for the end of July, and the final at the beginning of August, how soon would be any One or Two play-offs?
Therefore, the story suggests the season will continue, which means an even greater shoehorning of matches in the allotted time from June 20.
Nine games into four weeks give or take.
And five out of the nine clubs we play have something to aim for. Not good...

Personally do not see L1 playing on other than the playoffs being played.

Then there should be an play off between bottom 6 side in Championship & League 1, to stop the relegated clubs taking EFL to court.

Personally do not see L1 playing on other than the playoffs being played.
Are you saying the current play-off contenders would contest the third promotion slot?
Consequently, any third promoted club got there in the regular season after 37 games.
What tells me Sunderland and Ipswich would put down a phone with one hand after receiving the news, and speed dial their legals with the other!

Then there should be an play off between bottom 6 side in Championship & League 1, to stop the relegated clubs taking EFL to court.
Championship will finish apparently so there bottom 3 will be resolved if that is done so can’t see why they would have a playoff. Even if it doesn’t finish the current proposals don’t allow (can’t see that changing either) for a playoff involving teams from the division above

Back