• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

Are you saying the current play-off contenders would contest the third promotion slot?
Consequently, any third promoted club got there in the regular season after 37 games.
What tells me Sunderland and Ipswich would put down a phone with one hand after receiving the news, and speed dial their legals with the other!
I am saying there will be 4 teams in ap,ayoff scenario, based on the current proposals that would be 4 teams based on a PPG average, unless the division finishes (very unlikely in my opinion).

I am saying there will be 4 teams in ap,ayoff scenario, based on the current proposals that would be 4 teams based on a PPG average, unless the division finishes (very unlikely in my opinion).
OK, Cue Posh with the same legal challenge:Sad: I believe Wycombe leapfrog them on PPG.

It’s the relegated clubs that are most likely to go legal.

Problem for the likes of Peterborough is that if it is accepted the rules can change, then arguing that the PPG chosen by the clubs is not as valid as any other is tough-and possibly the greater likelihood is that the court will decide that any retrospective rule change to allow relegation or promotion is invalid which does not help them either. Their best hope would be to argue that under the rules the league should not have been curtailed (I.e play on) but time is fast running out.

The relegated won’t care too much if the court rules that just relegations, or both promotions and relegations, are invalid. Although the latter even as a possibility should ensure at least those who are paying attention in the top 6 (or 7 L2) and the bottom 3 (or 2 in L2) should vote against relegations - 27 out of the 36 votes needed . Given in fact 20 out of 24 in L2 voted no relegation this is not a fanciful outcome.

But all this assumes a rational approach based on pure self interest for those in the promotion, playoff and relegation spots and so is in itself probably flawed.

I think there is very much the possibility that the vote will be close however, also allowing for that that some will vote no relegation on principle under PPG (yes I know principle is in short supply but let’s not rule it out entirely..)

If i didnt love SUFC so much i would be saying **** english football and look for my football fix elsewhere.Ive never in my whole life seen or heard such a lot off bollocks by people in charge off the leagues and the clubs They should all be thoroughly ashamed off themselves.But its perfectly clear to me not one of them is in it for the love of football ,appears to me they just in it for themselves.

If they do promotion & relegation in each division, what about non league step 2 to step 7 ??‍♂️ The non league club who was on course for promotion will sue the FA big time.

If they do promotion & relegation in each division, what about non league step 2 to step 7 ??‍♂️ The non league club who was on course for promotion will sue the FA big time.
I think the difference could be that they voided their season, I believe am not sure 100% that they voided all results so it was as if it didn't happen, if thats the case they may not have a case. If they didn't and ended with results as is or some form of PPG then they may well have.

I thought at the time they acted a little hastily, was very understandable financially etc but maybe too quickly

South Shields FC (12 points clear at the top) are heading a legal challenge with contributions from many other clubs, some of which had already won promotion, against the FA's poorly consulted and unnecessarily hasty decision to void.

South Shields FC (12 points clear at the top) are heading a legal challenge with contributions from many other clubs, some of which had already won promotion, against the FA's poorly consulted and unnecessarily hasty decision to void.
Jersey Bulls with 27 wins and no a point dropped had already won promotion from the Combined Counties League - no PPG needed!
They're set to get nothing. I suspect they're carefully watching events in the EFL as well.

I think the difference could be that they voided their season, I believe am not sure 100% that they voided all results so it was as if it didn't happen, if thats the case they may not have a case. If they didn't and ended with results as is or some form of PPG then they may well have.

I thought at the time they acted a little hastily, was very understandable financially etc but maybe too quickly
it’s was the FA who voided their season, so if they allowed clubs to get promotions from each division, apart from non league step 2 to lower, the clubs who was denied promotion will sue.

Jersey Bulls with 27 wins and no a point dropped had already won promotion from the Combined Counties League - no PPG needed!
They're set to get nothing. I suspect they're carefully watching events in the EFL as well.
Unsurprisingly they are one of the clubs backing the South Shields action.

it’s was the FA who voided their season, so if they allowed clubs to get promotions from each division, apart from non league step 2 to lower, the clubs who was denied promotion will sue.
When i said they I meant the FA. once that happened relegation and promotion could not happen, therefore thats a different reason to take legal action rather than what possibly L1 and L2 cases will be built around. They would have to take action that it wasnt fair to void the league rather than not to award promotion and relegation.

I also think, and i am not sure as a lot has gone on all sides since, that there was a vote by the clubs as well after the FA proposed or made the decision.

I guess another twist in this saga could be some clubs going out of business as unable to weather this storm. If this happens will they get relegated (potentially instead of us) or will the relegations happen and then L1 be short of these clubs

I guess another twist in this saga could be some clubs going out of business as unable to weather this storm. If this happens will they get relegated (potentially instead of us) or will the relegations happen and then L1 be short of these clubs
If they go completely ours of business they won’t be relegated they will not be in the league at all

If they go completely ours of business they won’t be relegated they will not be in the league at all
Bury got kicked out the league because they couldn't demonstrate that they had funds to keep afloat for the this and next season- I assume this is a special Bury specific requirement that will be quietly dropped going forward...the EFL are nothing if not consistently inconsistent..

Bury got kicked out the league because they couldn't demonstrate that they had funds to keep afloat for the this and next season- I assume this is a special Bury specific requirement that will be quietly dropped going forward...the EFL are nothing if not consistently inconsistent..
Lol so very true

Very true and sorry I meant more would their expulsion mean less get relegated this year or would the three places continue to go and L1 have less teams next year.

Very true and sorry I meant more would their expulsion mean less get relegated this year or would the three places continue to go and L1 have less teams next year.

well this season there were less relegation slots because Bury were expelled from the league, I guess it depends on whether the EFL decide to expel teams or simply place them under a transfer embargo / deduct points / fine clubs with no money.

Back