• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

It’s just a ****ing mess and they should’ve just null and voided the whole seasons throughout England. I said this from day one that it was the best and most fair option and I stick by that!
It is a mess for sure.

There were issues around null and voiding as well, although could have been the easier option.

Null and voiding raised FFP issues (how to handle as cant punish a team if the season didnt take place), points reductions issues to Bolton could they be administered in the new season) thats just 2 of a multitude. Now I am not saying they cant be resolved or how bad an issue they would be but no one could, would or even tried to answer those.

They will, but then there are issues with the FA and Orem league, FA insist on Promotion and relegation, if that doesn’t happen Prem clubs will refuse to come down and there for as it stands there would be no promotion from the championship (lot of resistance to a 23 team proem league). That then means no promotion anywhere and that may cause more issues
Whilst I am doubtful the no relegation will get enough votes, given the process EFL has followed and the already difficult legal basis for promotions and relegations, EFL would probably have to accept- they would be utterly exposed if they didn't. The obvious solution right from the beginning has been to expand the Prem for a season. That may or may not ultimately happen. Who knows.

Whilst I am doubtful the no relegation will get enough votes, given the process EFL has followed and the already difficult legal basis for promotions and relegations, EFL would probably have to accept- they would be utterly exposed if they didn't. The obvious solution right from the beginning has been to expand the Prem for a season. That may or may not ultimately happen. Who knows.
Yep it is the most sensible option, however it has been discussed and most prem clubs would not support an increase (Some would prefer an 18 team top division, different argument and discussion). The reason being European competitions, the bottom 6 at this time will agree to anything to stay up, but that leave 12 teams and 10 of those harbour (some unrealistically) European hopes, so a 50/50 vote would not carry the increase through.

But a serious say who knows

It is a mess for sure.

There were issues around null and voiding as well, although could have been the easier option.

Null and voiding raised FFP issues (how to handle as cant punish a team if the season didnt take place), points reductions issues to Bolton could they be administered in the new season) thats just 2 of a multitude. Now I am not saying they cant be resolved or how bad an issue they would be but no one could, would or even tried to answer those.

I'm all for null and voiding too, for me it seems like the only logical option apart from finishing the season.

as for the FFP and Bolton issues it could be very simply solved, they got lucky this time due to a worldwide pandemic and the penalty won't be re-applied neither will FFP be applied, everything resets and begins again from scratch when the new season starts

I'm all for null and voiding too, for me it seems like the only logical option apart from finishing the season.

as for the FFP and Bolton issues it could be very simply solved, they got lucky this time due to a worldwide pandemic and the penalty won't be re-applied neither will FFP be applied, everything resets and begins again from scratch when the new season starts
FA want FFP applied for the season, it has been asked directly if it will be removed if null and void and they refused to answer them question

From skysports.com "Sky Sports to show 30 of 108 remaining Sky Bet Championship fixtures, a live goals show for every matchday, plus exclusive coverage of all 15 EFL play-off games across the three divisions"

That tells you all you need to know. As far as League One is concerned three teams will go up to the Championship and four will come up from League Two. Unless divisions are going to run with odd numbers or more than 24 clubs three are going down from League One to League Two.

From skysports.com "Sky Sports to show 30 of 108 remaining Sky Bet Championship fixtures, a live goals show for every matchday, plus exclusive coverage of all 15 EFL play-off games across the three divisions"

That tells you all you need to know. As far as League One is concerned three teams will go up to the Championship and four will come up from League Two. Unless divisions are going to run with odd numbers or more than 24 clubs three are going down from League One to League Two.

As long as Sky keeps rolling the cash in they don't give a toss who goes up or down . . .

t'is all about the money

Ron pretty much said on Talksport today he thinks most clubs in League 1 will now vote for PPG, he certainly seems to have been won round to it since Ron was saying he can't think of any justification for why we don't deserve to be relegated.

Fed up with the whole f*****g shambles ,seriously ive fallen out of love with English football leagues, Not with Southend but the leagues in general run by idiots ,greedy self indulging people, who in general dont give a F**k about football just their own ego.
Pretty much sums up a whole lot of people

If the vote Is taken and a majority formed tomorrow. How long before it becomes official.

They one things that ****es me off is the supposed play offs. Teams can't afford to play or test players, but get in the play offs and they cant wait to get tested and play on.

If the vote Is taken and a majority formed tomorrow. How long before it becomes official.

They one things that ****es me off is the supposed play offs. Teams can't afford to play or test players, but get in the play offs and they cant wait to get tested and play on.
Best guess EFL board meeting Wed, L1 vote on Friday

Correction: L1 vote apparently also tomorrow- PM. Suspect that assumes EFL proposal accepted AM..

Last edited:
Back