• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

Ha! Strange how the fates of my two teams appear to be inexplicably linked. Yesterday was bad news for us but possibly great news for 'tfc' (Toulouse). Both sides have had appalling seasons, at the time it was stopped we had won four games and the 'tfc' had only won three. Whilst we were being officially relegated yesterday, 'tfc' (and Amiens) got a reprieve. If I understand it correctly, relegation from Ligue 1 has been suspended whilst they look into the possibility of increasing the league to 22 clubs next season. Should this not prove possible, the relegation will be reinstated. No question here of finishing the season. Lyon, who justifiable could claim they had the chance of a Champions League place had their appeal thrown out. They wanted the season to be completed. A suivre, as they would say. :Smile: For those who'd like to read a little more, in french...... https://www.francebleu.fr/sports/fo...-conseil-d-etat-le-recours-du-club-1591705489

Is there relegation from Div 2 now?
Poor Maccs do seem to being pushed to oblivion by poor owner and poor EFL.
Yes the EFL are furious Macclesfield have been able to pay their wages since March and are desperately trying to restate the charges relating to March to show the suspended deduction should now be implemented and further points deducted- seems to be around communicating with the EFL in bad faith. Yes the EFL accusing someone else of bad faith. You couldn't make it up. They seem particularly annoyed that when the club was short on the payroll the supporters made it up. However, the rules just say the players must be paid on time (remember rules?).

TBH I don't think it will get past the independent panel, and as much as the EFL want to help Stevenage and punish Macclesfield I doubt they will succeed. Not a good look. Of course they are also implementing to PPG calculation after the points deduction turning the current 11 point deduction into 14- but that still doesn't quite deliver what the EFL wanted...

I suspect the panel will once again be using the phrase "unfair and disproportionate" and again remind the EFL that the preference is for league positions to be decided on the pitch (something with which the EFL fundamentally disagree- its their Club and if they want to blackball a member they don't like they should be allowed to do it..)

Best guess EFL board meeting Wed, L1 vote on Friday

Correction: L1 vote apparently also tomorrow- PM. Suspect that assumes EFL proposal accepted AM..
Scandalous to demote Tranmere,just so they can go ahead with ludicrous play-offs,that will be even more of a lottery than usual.

Not wanting to prolong this fiasco further but Tranmere (Mark Palios) has confirmed the club are now considering legal action against the EFL. This could of course impact a number of other clubs..

I guess you can't blame them given the consensus is they have a case that is certainly winnable..

Watch this space I guess

PS Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger

And my sheep bothering mate, what about those players your chairman has put out to pasture already, such as Luke P and Theo, are they to feature in your play off efforts?

As far as I know they all want to play, our club are keeping the details under wraps at present though. The only player of the senior pros who has announced he won't be playing is Brandon Comley. He made a statement on his Instagram account today, to say he wished us all well but sadly won't be playing. Whether this means he is injured, not selected or has been offered a contract elsewhere and asked not to be considered, who knows! We are well covered in midfield so although he is a decent player we have plenty of others to choose from.

Not wanting to prolong this fiasco further but Tranmere (Mark Palios) has confirmed the club are now considering legal action against the EFL. This could of course impact a number of other clubs..

I guess you can't blame them given the consensus is they have a case that is certainly winnable..

Watch this space I guess

PS Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger

Palios is the geezer that presided over a terrible FA tenure and had Sven's sloppy seconds.

Back