• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

I don't think this is too surprising, He likely isn't going to play for us again and puts him in the shop window to earn a new contract either with the sheep botherers or elsewhere, it seems Ron may not be such a bar steward after all

Shame as I would happily have him in the starting 11 next season. Can’t imagine we will keep both Kelman and Humphrys. Think Robinson would be good up top with either of them or Rush.

I don't think this is too surprising, He likely isn't going to play for us again and puts him in the shop window to earn a new contract either with the sheep botherers or elsewhere, it seems Ron may not be such a bar steward after all
I only said surprising from an insurance point of view, as he is our player till 31/6 if he gets injured its on our insurance not that that would change the premium much but there are costs on that

Shame as I would happily have him in the starting 11 next season. Can’t imagine we will keep both Kelman and Humphrys. Think Robinson would be good up top with either of them or Rush.
I agree Ricey, given how he has played for Col Y in league 2 he could be an asset. We could of had a pacy front 3 in Kerman, Goodship and Robinson, Humphrys wont be with us next season, I am pretty sure about that

Last edited:
I agree Rickey, given how he has played for Col Y in league 2 he could be an asset. We could of had a pacy front 3 in Kerman, Goodship and Robinson, Humphrys wont be with us next season, I am pretty sure about that

I completely forgot about Goodship!!

I don't think we will sign him due to wage cuts as a result of Covid etc It is a shame because I think he has enjoyed his time with us, playing alongside his mate Frank Nouble, they are a decent double act when you play to their strengths.

I don't think we will sign him due to wage cuts as a result of Covid etc It is a shame because I think he has enjoyed his time with us, playing alongside his mate Frank Nouble, they are a decent double act when you play to their strengths.
Control of the ball somewhere close to social distancing, not being one I guess! :Smile:

I love how clubs can't afford to pay for covid testing and voted to end the season, but find the costs when the play offs are offered.

Where will the play off final be held. An empty wembley would seem like a massive anti climax, although col u could easily social distance there.

I love how clubs can't afford to pay for covid testing and voted to end the season, but find the costs when the play offs are offered.

Where will the play off final be held. An empty wembley would seem like a massive anti climax, although col u could easily social distance there.

All finals are going to be held at an empty Wembley stadium Tommy, I think the problem is outside the ground not inside where social distancing can be controlled easier. Clubs in all leagues will be missing out on big paydays given the two semis for each team are likely to have been sell outs, and the Wembley final (Especially at Championship level) could have been a big earner.

Fyi

Fyi

The longer they take may work against them, if they announce a start date then they will need to act, if they dont act and the season starts they will have to play in L2 or forfeit games or agree not to take part by resigning their membership, The latter wont happen but depending how ling the cases last in other countries it could be quite close to the start of the season.

The longer they take may work against them, if they announce a start date then they will need to act, if they dont act and the season starts they will have to play in L2 or forfeit games or agree not to take part by resigning their membership, The latter wont happen but depending how ling the cases last in other countries it could be quite close to the start of the season.
Well time is always working for someone. First Palios is giving the EFL the opportunity to engage and address the situation. Of course they won’t but he needs to be able to show the EFL were afforded the opportunity.

I suspect time is the EFLs enemy here in fact because if he gets an injunction (even a temporary one) preventing relegation it’s the EFL that will have the dilemma- if it goes too long delay the season start or cancel relegations and let the seasons begin.

I don’t know how it will end but they at least have a case and that will cause some panic in EFL land.

Difficult to look at other countries as the rules the clubs are governed by are not the same. In France I think the relegated clubs were successful on appeal getting the relegations stopped but only till a further hearing? Belgium no idea what the situation is there. In Scotland Hearts have only today announced their action so suspect Tranmere can’t really wait for that outcome.

This is all certainty something to keep an eye on given it could have a significant impact on us. Just another uncertainty to complicate decisions re contracts and other stuff for next year. The assumption has to be that we will be in L2 but this, whilst likely, still can’t be 100% certain with this in the background.

Of course people will be bored of all this by now I am sure- but it just won’t go away..

Well time is always working for someone. First Palios is giving the EFL the opportunity to engage and address the situation. Of course they won’t but he needs to be able to show the EFL were afforded the opportunity.

I suspect time is the EFLs enemy here in fact because if he gets an injunction (even a temporary one) preventing relegation it’s the EFL that will have the dilemma- if it goes too long delay the season start or cancel relegations and let the seasons begin.

I don’t know how it will end but they at least have a case and that will cause some panic in EFL land.

Difficult to look at other countries as the rules the clubs are governed by are not the same. In France I think the relegated clubs were successful on appeal getting the relegations stopped but only till a further hearing? Belgium no idea what the situation is there. In Scotland Hearts have only today announced their action so suspect Tranmere can’t really wait for that outcome.

This is all certainty something to keep an eye on given it could have a significant impact on us. Just another uncertainty to complicate decisions re contracts and other stuff for next year. The assumption has to be that we will be in L2 but this, whilst likely, still can’t be 100% certain with this in the background.

Of course people will be bored of all this by now I am sure- but it just won’t go away..
100% agree, I think if he acts fast (forgets what other countries do as league rules will differ) then he forces the EFL’s hands. However if the EFL act swiftly in announcing next seasons start date (they wont i am just speculating lol) then they force his hand into doing something that he may not be fully ready to do so if he hasnt considered all angles.

What is interesting if he does take an injunction and or starts other legal actions then he will almost certainly delay the start to next season. The interesting part is how will that affect other clubs, some who are already close to the wire, some who would then become close to the wire and finally how will that impact his own club financially which he has already started to reduce staff numbers. Other clubs will not be happy at that prospect, if it goers beyond October then furlough has stopped so they are on the hook for more money or have to lay people off, so they may or may not get much support.

Overall as you say many are bored of the topic, myself included to a degree (being furloughed is actually quite good from that side as i get a rest lol), so fingers crossed that everything resolves itself swiftly and without court action.

100% agree, I think if he acts fast (forgets what other countries do as league rules will differ) then he forces the EFL’s hands. However if the EFL act swiftly in announcing next seasons start date (they wont i am just speculating lol) then they force his hand into doing something that he may not be fully ready to do so if he hasnt considered all angles.

What is interesting if he does take an injunction and or starts other legal actions then he will almost certainly delay the start to next season. The interesting part is how will that affect other clubs, some who are already close to the wire, some who would then become close to the wire and finally how will that impact his own club financially which he has already started to reduce staff numbers. Other clubs will not be happy at that prospect, if it goers beyond October then furlough has stopped so they are on the hook for more money or have to lay people off, so they may or may not get much support.

Overall as you say many are bored of the topic, myself included to a degree (being furloughed is actually quite good from that side as i get a rest lol), so fingers crossed that everything resolves itself swiftly and without court action.
The problem is all Palios needs, even if EFL announce the new season date, is an injunction. Timings then become the EFL's problem. I think Palios' concern about other clubs has evaporated somewhat given when he was trying to canvass them prior to the vote many chairmen ghosted him (some out of embarrassment most out of self interest). There is a strong element of chickens coming home to roost.. I suspect as timing is in his hands he will take action, if indeed he does, at that time most inconvenient to the EFL.

Last edited:
The problem is all Palios needs, even if EFL announce the new season date, is an injunction. Timings then become the EFL's problem. I think Palios' concern about other clubs has evaporated somewhat given when he was trying to canvass them prior to the vote many chairmen ghosted him (some out of embarrassment most out od self interest). There is a strong element of chickens coming home to roost.. I suspect as timing is in his hands he will take action, if indeed he does, at that time most inconvenient to the EFL.
I said before he isn't well liked, certainly not without the EFL and FA and some clubs are not fans given how huge treated lower leagues when he was at the FA, that aside thought....

He can call the tunes for sure timing wise, thats unless they announce a start date for the league then he has to do something. If he does then there will be a delay and your right given some paid him lip service he wont care, however his club are teetering despite what he may want you to believe. They are going (as most will anyway) to reduce their first team squad and above all making people redundant so that can afford to keep players. So any injunction will hit them just as hard as a lot of other clubs as they quite obviously like everyone else have no income. They are on a knife edge as much as a lot of other clubs.

Your views i agree with overall but just think he has to think carefully all round as yes he can control timings if he wants too, he is putting his club at risk as much as anything else.

I said before he isn't well liked, certainly not without the EFL and FA and some clubs are not fans given how huge treated lower leagues when he was at the FA, that aside thought....

He can call the tunes for sure timing wise, thats unless they announce a start date for the league then he has to do something. If he does then there will be a delay and your right given some paid him lip service he wont care, however his club are teetering despite what he may want you to believe. They are going (as most will anyway) to reduce their first team squad and above all making people redundant so that can afford to keep players. So any injunction will hit them just as hard as a lot of other clubs as they quite obviously like everyone else have no income. They are on a knife edge as much as a lot of other clubs.

Your views i agree with overall but just think he has to think carefully all round as yes he can control timings if he wants too, he is putting his club at risk as much as anything else.
True- but his viewpoint (and that of many others) will be it is the EFL who have created this situation, the action was and is entirely predictable (we have known it was a likely outcome and been discussing it for weeks) and the EFL have always been in a position to prevent it and still are. For as much as Palios may get limited sympathy the EFL's reputation is pretty much trashed so it will be interesting to see how it plays out over the next 2-3 weeks.

So far so good for tfc (Toulouse) and Amiens, in terms of staying in Ligue 1. T
However, there is a crucial meeting of the League on Friday morning to discuss proposals on how a league of twenty two clubs could work. One proposal is a sort of 'boxing day' arrangement, with two additional fixtures at the end of December (normally in France there is a winter break.................mid
december until mid January)

So far so good for tfc (Toulouse) and Amiens, in terms of staying in Ligue 1. T
However, there is a crucial meeting of the League on Friday morning to discuss proposals on how a league of twenty two clubs could work. One proposal is a sort of 'boxing day' arrangement, with two additional fixtures at the end of December (normally in France there is a winter break.................mid
december until mid January)

The idea of expanding leagues, even if for a season, was the very obvious solution here as well as in Scotland and the other leagues.

There is a feeling here with Tranmere I think that once it gets to the courts the league know they are on very the ice legally, and only then start actively considering this obvious solution. If Tranmere got an injunction would the EFL follow Ligue 1?

In Scotland Hearts didn't go legal but accepted a review of the league structure that would have kept them and others up. Unfortunately this was by the clubs who then reverted to type and just thought about themselves. So again, Hearts will now go to court, again the league will ask the clubs to consider restructure and the clubs this time may have the choice of agreeing to do it or being forced to do it (even if only for one season).

Back